Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-29-2007, 06:10 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Video Transfer to W20

I'm trying to dowload a Quicktime video to my W20 form my computer so I can then play it from the camera. It looks like it goes onto the camera storage folder from the computer, but I can't locate the file when I open the camera picture and movie review. Can this be done? R

03-30-2007, 02:19 PM   #2

No idea, but if it can I would assume it will only work if it is at the same resolution and frame rate the camera shoots at, and you need to also make sure you use the same naming convention. Some QT's are formatted differently than others so that could prove a headache too. Do you have QT Pro or just the free version? You'd have a bit more latitude finding a working version if you had the Pro version to resave it in different formats till you got one that works.
03-30-2007, 02:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm leaving the office, but saw your post before packing up. Forgive me if this is very terse - late to pick up my son.

1. Record a video on your camera.
2. Put your card in the card reader and look for where the file is located in the card using your windows explorer.
3. Copy the quicktime file in the same location.

Now, provided that the file you just copied can be supported by the camera, you should be able to play it back. I think the camera can only support 15 fps with sound and 30 fps without at a screen res. of 640x480.

Hope that helps.

EDIT - I had limited success with my Fuji P&S. Don't have a Pentax to test this, but I'm hoping it does work.
03-31-2007, 07:40 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks---I've got the free version of Quicktime, but still seems like it should work. I can download other pictures to the camera, but not the video, though it goes in the same folder as other videos shot with the camera (this video is from imovie, compressed to a quicktime level). I'll play with the movie a bit and see if I can get it on there. Rob