Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2009, 08:55 AM   #1

W60 Image stabilization

Hi,
Dad just bought a W60 for a trip he's taking to Cancun in a few weeks.
he is (and I am) playing with it to LEARN it before the trip. (being FILM camera peoples, we are not very used to having to LEARN to take pictures, rather than picking up a camera and shooting...LOL)

We noticed a feature called IMAGE STABILIZATION, but every time we try to use this feature, we get an error that says "unable to save image" Is the camera defective? or are we doing something wrong?

02-23-2009, 12:33 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sounds weird. Anyway, as no Point & Shoot camera has real Image Stabilization, (they just bump up the Iso), I think it is not too important.
But for sure have it checked out, or ask at the store.
02-23-2009, 03:25 PM   #3
Damn Brit

What does the manual say about it?
02-23-2009, 04:57 PM   #4

Original Poster
NOTHING, that's why I'm posting here.

The thing that Sune mentioned is the PRE picture taking camera shake fix. I am talking about the POST picture fix.

02-23-2009, 05:14 PM   #5
Damn Brit

I'm lost there then I'm afraid. You could always email Pentax user support.
02-23-2009, 05:57 PM   #6

Original Poster
Yeah, that's my next step, I just thought I'd try here first....
02-23-2009, 06:05 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonson PL Quote
Sounds weird. Anyway, as no Point & Shoot camera has real Image Stabilization, (they just bump up the Iso), I think it is not too important.
My canon G7 has has optical image stabilized, so it isn't out of the question for P&S. Just FYI.
-Jim

02-23-2009, 10:18 PM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by arpaagent Quote
My canon G7 has has optical image stabilized, so it isn't out of the question for P&S. Just FYI.
-Jim
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonson PL Quote
This year, Canon and Panasonic offer waterproof/shakeproof p&s with optical stabilization (Canon D10 and Pany TS1)
03-05-2009, 10:00 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteQuote:

It is true that Fuji was a little slower to get into IS, but they have it now. Fuji did, for a while, have P & S which used faster shutter speeds (often by increasing ISO) to decrease blur.

My Canon s3--around at least as early as 2005, had real, and excellent, Image Stabilization.
03-16-2009, 09:52 PM   #10

The Optio A40 also has REAL Image Stabilization, as well as the artifical digital "flavor."
On the A40, it's called Sensor Shift Shake Reduction. Also has Digital SR, and Movie SR.
I think the Optio Axx are the only Pentaxen Compacts to have non-digital SR.

Just picked one up from Tuttle Camera in Long Beach on fleaBay for $140, incl. Pentax Case ($15 normally) and Pentax 2YR ext. Warranty ($50 normally). Couldn't really turn the deal down, with the add-ons. Can't drag my K20 everywhere! Am thinking of ordering an M50 from them for the wife, as well, to replace her 5MP HP - the thing is nearly useless! Maybe a Z10 for the slightly bigger zoom range (7x vs 5x), but haven't quite decided yet.

T
04-03-2009, 04:57 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Olympus C2100 had IS in 2000.