Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2009, 09:41 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Duffer needs help

A few months ago I purchased a W60 which I'm SO disappointed with. Would somebody please tell me how to get good pictures using it? It is great for underwater and the video is not bad, but still shots are really grainy and dark. I'm a strictly P & S photographer who would appreciate advice on which settings to select to improve the situation. I did have a Casio EX-S500 which gave me beautiful crystal clear photos but, despite careful use of the camera, it died in a couple of years. I decided I wanted one a bit sturdier and the excellent W60 reviews led me to it.

Please some kind person help this sad duffer.

06-29-2009, 07:37 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Give us some extra info. What kind of lighting are you shooting in? What scene mode are you using? If all the pics are dark in daylight you may have + - exposure compensation dialed in. On most Pentax this is in the shooting menu. Very underexposed shots can be quite grainy in P&S digital. Post a shot that represents the problem you are having.
thanks
barondla

Check out the POINT & SHOOT CONTEST #20 WINNERS in compact camera forum. Enter #21. Any brand camera. Enter now!
07-03-2009, 03:27 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm 69, does that qualify as a duffer? i don't have any problems with my W20 So i'm thinking your W60 should be even better. Have you tried reading the owners manual? Have you tried differant settings while taking notes so as to compare? Yes I know the earlier models require a lot of light and indoor shots are lame. So trade it off on the new W80.