Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2009, 09:43 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Studio Portaits

Hey there,

I am looking at doing some studio portraits at school with my pentax Optio M50, what are the capabilities that i can use? and what settings should i use

thanks

sam

07-07-2009, 10:56 PM   #2
AM2
Forum Member

You have very limited options with that camera in the studio. From what I can tell that camera doesn't even have Aperture/Shutter priority modes, let alone full manual mode.

All I can think of is make sure the studio lights have optical slaves -- turn that feature on, then set your camera to the lowest ISO, in your case 64, and turn the built in flash on, and try some shots, raise/lower the power on the studio lights to get it to your desired brightness level.

If the "studio" you speak of doesn't have strobes, but instead uses continuous lighting, I suggest you get a tripod, but still set the ISO to 64, and try some shots, again, raise/lower the power of your lights according to your desired results.

Good luck!
07-07-2009, 11:22 PM   #3
Damn Brit

Alternatively, take them outside.