Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2010, 06:18 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aerodave Quote
Adorama is the only US retailer of the Honey Yellow color. But it's available through other distribution channels in other countries. I don't know if all markets have made it some sort of "limited edition".
I'm glad I stumbled upon it as I like the Honey yellow + black color.

02-17-2010, 05:58 AM   #32

Photos: Gallery
anyone found a good setting for sunset,or sunrise,on my old camera it gave a setting for such,it gave a star type effect from the sun as it was beginning to set.thankyou.
02-18-2010, 12:58 AM   #33
Inactive Account

anyone who own this camera for over a year and can tell us about the maintenance? I've heard that after a year if you don't change the rubbers inside the water will penetrate inside the camera!!!
02-18-2010, 06:27 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by marcopoggio Quote
anyone who own this camera for over a year and can tell us about the maintenance? I've heard that after a year if you don't change the rubbers inside the water will penetrate inside the camera!!!
The only rubbers I see that might see this problem would be the battery/SD card compartment as you have to constantly open it up for battery charges or SD card removal.
I don't think it would be a problem still as 15feet won't be too much pressure to displace the air inside that compartment.
I think this would be better answered by owners of the previous model like the w60 as for sure they would have had their camera longer than a more recent model like the W80.

02-19-2010, 01:27 AM   #35
Inactive Account

yeah thats a good point Gerry
03-23-2010, 07:36 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have been having some fun with my W80 in the pool. I never had a waterproof before and love the endless possibilities this camera presents. I can't get the video to play with WMP yet but I have not delved in too deeply. The IQ is sometimes erratic but the camera serves it's purpose to me.
For those in need of an extra battery Newegg has them for $9.99 plus $4.98 shipping. I think this might be mis-priced as they just updated their site but I bought one so we will see.

Last edited by bogiesbad; 03-23-2010 at 08:00 PM.
03-31-2010, 11:51 AM   #37

Does anybody know where I could get a new outer lens for my W80? by freak of nature, I shattered the protective lens. I'm kind of a DIY guy, so I was wondering where I could find a replacement.

thanks,
Noah Ilgenfritz