Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2010, 03:25 PM   #1
lz4005

help creating frames for w30

I'm trying to create my own frame (a very simple square vingette) to use in 'frame composite' mode of my optio w30. I know it is easy to accomplish the same thing in post-editing, but I'd like to be able to use it as a composition guide while shooting.

The frames available for download from pentax are 2048x1536 jpgs with a purple field in the center where your new image will be visible after the two are automatically combined.

So far I've created my own .jpg that is the same size, filled the center with the same purple, named the file using the same convention, placed the file in the "frames" folder on my SD card...and it doesn't work. I've tried several different compression ratios and file sizes with the same result.

My frames show up as black thumbnails in the frame selection menu. When I select one of them I get an error message stating 'image cannot be processed'. The camera recognizes unaltered frames downloaded from pentax with no problems.

Any help figuring out what I'm missing would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by lz4005; 01-10-2010 at 05:07 PM.