Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-04-2010, 12:38 PM   #31
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Yes, you can zoom with video.

I found that the default setting for video quality provides some huge files (1.8GB for a ~9 min video). My wife just started banging away with video and neither of us looked at the settings. I'm assuming that's at the highest quality. I'd adjust it down if your intention is e-mailing the video (which is what we do with them) but I guess the quality would be nice if you connect the camera to your TV, as an example and playback for family/friends.

08-08-2010, 12:13 AM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
I have two of the W90's. You CAN zoom while recording video.
I just bought mine brand new here in Japan, and I cannot zoom while recording. I'm quite ticked off about that to be honest. I took it out today and tried to zoom in during the dolphin show we were watching and nada. Copious pushing, holding, etc nothing happened. It was not moving.

[edit]
Ah.. I couldn't zoom because it is a setting. And it doesn't allow optical zoom
you can only enable digital zoom which is worthless.

This camera is quickly disappointing me. I think it is going back to the store and being exchanged for a Lumix.
08-09-2010, 05:10 AM   #33

It disappointed me too, is there anywhere I can take it back? It's brand new in packets (not used).

The retailers won't take it back its over their 14day thing.

-Dual
09-13-2010, 04:46 PM   #34

i was so excited when i bought mine, but im not excited not more.. the pics are ok somethings they come out good depending on the light.. most the time they are very noisy.. the video is bad bad i mean BAD yes the size is crazy that's because its using the JMPG codec to record which you can convert to xvid or mp4 and keep same quality bringing a 2gb file down to 200/250mb, the video is horribly noisy all video i take i have to use a editing program to filter out everything so they are watchable movies.. video is not hd maybe hd size but way to noisy and the zoom just makes the video unwatchable.. not worth the price i just wanted it for underwater which takes great pics but some reviews say they leak bad so it scares me, and now the past few days the flash stopped working ????? has a great battery life the pics ok enough but i will grab my other camear for video.. i have a sony dsc-h7 8.1mp and it takes amazing clear hd video and the pics are better than any other camera ive used i just dont like it cuz its so big & too bulky its not a camera to take to the beach or anywhere if u layd it down someone would take it, really i wanted something slick for my pocket