Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2010, 04:19 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
I just wish I could get that nifty leather half-case that is sold in japan.
That can be arranged.

My wife recently informed me that our daughter is going on a school trip in June and that I was to arrange for a small and simple digital camera for her. I ordered the I-10 and it is sitting near me in the shipping box, unopened, together with that nifty leather half-case that is sold in Japan.

Of course I would love to rip the box open and play with the camera, but I figure I should probably wait until my daughter comes home and let her have first go at it.

05-20-2010, 12:58 AM   #17

just got one of these today!! white of course!!

got home to start playing with it, but after 10 mins the battery died!! RAWR!!!

so its in the charger!! i'm keen on getting to know it better. i have already managed to set up the "P" mode just the way i like it

I'm keen on seeing the video quality in 720P on this...

also for some reason it seams that "continuous" shooting only lasts about 4 photos? where as burst lasts about 7 or 8? maybe its my card?

Oh well! very excited to have this! should go well with the k-7 to make a nice little combo!!
05-25-2010, 08:59 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NuZo Quote
also for some reason it seams that "continuous" shooting only lasts about 4 photos? where as burst lasts about 7 or 8? maybe its my card?

Oh well! very excited to have this! should go well with the k-7 to make a nice little combo!!
It is usually a constraint of the camera's memory buffer. It has a cetain amount of built-in buffer that gets filled quickly then it has to write that onto the card before it clears that buffer again.
If you downsize the pixel size, then it might be able to take more shots before the buffer fills..although memory card speed might also help.
05-27-2010, 12:28 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Laurentiu Cristofor Quote
Canon makes their own sensors and they're pretty good at it. The S90 has 12MP, but it's a better sensor than those in the Pentax P&S sensors. If you look at dxomark, the S90 has a very impressive score for a P&S. And it's better than the other few P&S cameras reviewed, particularly the LX3, which is its main competitor. If they would test a current Pentax P&S, I'm pretty sure its sensor wouldn't look good.
Canon make their own sensors for DSLRs, but not for point'n'shoots, AFAIK.

As I recall, it hasn't been definitively confirmed, but the S90 and G11 are both believed to be based around the Sony ICX685CQZ chip. Hopefully somebody will do a teardown eventually, and confirm it one way or another.

05-27-2010, 04:35 PM   #20

I'm probably going to pick up one of these as a P&S camera to compliment my Pentax K-X. I was looking long and hard at the Panasonic ZS3 (I came to Pentax from a Panasonic FZ50 "bridge" camera). But the Pentax Auto 110 was my very first "real" camera, so even though the reviews of the I-10 are mediocre or average about the guts of the camera, I'm in it for the looks!

I had all the little Auto 110 lenses, flash, autowinder, filters, etc. I sold the whole kit on eBay a few years ago for quite a bit of money, and later ended up selling one of the empty lenses boxes (I couldn't find it for the original sail) for $25...for a known empty box! The nostalgia factor for me is with the I-10 is huge!

I actually saw the I-10 on DPReview in an advertisement and was thinking for a minute that was Pentax's answer to Micro4/3! Oh, well. There are times where all I need are a P&S, so that's what I want. Incidentally, both the Pearl White and Black models are for sale at OneCall for $174 with free shipping.

Last edited by Internetpilot; 05-28-2010 at 05:32 PM.
05-17-2014, 04:29 AM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by Valder Quote
Has anyone picked up the new I-10 and gotten to use it? Would be interested in you thoughts.

I was thinking of getting one for the pocket when I don't want to carry my DSLR/SLR, TLR, Instamatics, etc...

D
hi, have optio I-10,Class compacts probs taking photos moire and images whitening after shooting, good luck if u aquire one. regards chrisb
06-04-2014, 11:40 AM   #22
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
:-) Four years later..... Interesting to see another I-10 user. If I recall correctly I acquired the I-10 four years ago this month or last. Still used on rare occasion to this day and I've no serious complaints. If used within it's limitations I've pulled off pleasant enough prints as large as 6x8 several times and even a few 8x12 prints.