Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2010, 02:48 PM   #1
Veteran Member

For my K-X , what is a good video editing software?

Or is the stuff that comes with the camera the best bet?

Im asking , because the videos get really big really quickly and it takes forever to upload them

cheers

05-22-2010, 02:53 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dude163 Quote

Im asking , because the videos get really big really quickly and it takes forever to upload them

cheers
I use Vegas Movie Studio Platinum to edit and convert video. There are lots of other options though. Many use Adobe Premier, but I don't enjoy using any Adobe products. To me they seem to have a "load=slow" command in every software package they write.
05-22-2010, 10:52 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Hi dude163,

I'm using "avidemux 2.5.2" -> Avidemux.org

it's a free (open source) multi platform video editor for Windows 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, Linux and Mac OS X with useful presets, filters, transitions etc. Audio preview is a little on the poor side, but output is ok. Does also nice compression. No built-in help, but very detailed online wiki and helpful forum.

Else, you may try "handbrake" -> HandBrake

an "open-source, GPL-licensed, multiplatform, multithreaded video transcoder, available for MacOS X, Linux and Windows", mainly for transforming formats with even better compression which you can set, i.e. at 10 % of the original file - should be ok for internet clips. Has also nice presets to start with.

I'm no expert, simple user, still fiddling around with the many options both tools provide, but having managed to obtain useful results and good quality of my Pentax K-x video-clips for internet publishing on my website.

HTH

Kind regards,
Andreas
05-23-2010, 07:10 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Sony Vegas

I'd vote for Sony Vegas Platinum as well. You can download a full function 30-day limited version from their web site to give it a try. I don't like their DVD creator so much but the video editing is great with some terrific built in tutorials which cover most of the basics well.

05-23-2010, 05:19 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by roberrl Quote
I'd vote for Sony Vegas Platinum as well. You can download a full function 30-day limited version from their web site to give it a try. I don't like their DVD creator so much but the video editing is great with some terrific built in tutorials which cover most of the basics well.
2nd that. I got Sony Vegas 8 and its versatile and pretty easy to use.

Last edited by Peter Zack; 06-01-2010 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Promoting software piracy
05-25-2010, 02:04 PM   #6
Forum Member

Vegas or Premiere Pro i would say.
05-25-2010, 02:09 PM   #7

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KxBlaze Quote
easy to find a crack for it
Another vote for Vegas, or also, Final Cut is very nice on the Mac side.

Last edited by Peter Zack; 06-01-2010 at 02:38 PM. Reason: quoting above
05-26-2010, 04:31 PM   #8

I would have to give another vote to Sony Vegas. I use it for all my video and slide shows.

QuoteOriginally posted by dude163 Quote

cheers

05-26-2010, 07:41 PM   #9

Photos: Albums
I use Vegas 9 for editing.

But if I just want to upload (to YouTube for example) without editing, I convert the videos first to h264 using HandBrake, which is free.
05-31-2010, 01:29 PM   #10
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Shub Quote
Another vote for Vegas, or also, Final Cut is very nice on the Mac side.
Bump for Final cut, used it at my school, awesome stuff.

Last edited by Peter Zack; 06-01-2010 at 02:38 PM.
06-21-2010, 01:16 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RolloR Quote
I use Vegas 9 for editing.

But if I just want to upload (to YouTube for example) without editing, I convert the videos first to h264 using HandBrake, which is free.

check, handbrake is free, Vegas 9 is $$$, thanks a lot, I was looking at some of the videos shot with DSLRs and they are awesome

The tale of Lucasfilm, Skywalker Ranch, Star Wars and Canon DSLRs on a 40 foot screen! | Philip Bloom

( its Canon, but still rad!)