Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-06-2010, 06:34 AM   #16
Banned

What mistake was that ? You were the one that didn't know when the K-7 was in record mode.

06-06-2010, 08:24 AM   #17

Photos: Albums
I think the OP would have gotten better responses if this was posted in the beginner section.

There seems to be a growing trend on this site of people posting camera complaints or 'how the camera should work' when it is clear that they have not even taking the time or effort to learn how the camera does work. The frustration of the reader is then reflected in the responses.
06-07-2010, 05:49 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
"There's no such thing as a stupid question.".
So true.

Cheers, Mike.
07-12-2010, 08:33 PM   #19

Photos: Gallery
I'm with OP on this one. Happened to me too. Then again, I come from shooting video on my Casio PNS where the aspect ratio changes on live view when you hit record, so it's obvious recording...

07-12-2010, 10:23 PM   #20

>I'm with OP on this one.

Me too. One can press the button and get all sorts of visual, tacticle and auditory feedback that makes it seem like the camera is recording (mirror flips, focussing, yadayada ...).

But it isn't recording, because you haven't pressed quite hard enough or long enough. I understand and accept that it's a workaround to deal with the camera's essential DSLRness, but to say it's 'just like any video camera' is missing the OP's point.