Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
08-08-2010, 01:01 AM   #46
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Coby Quote
jimiz, my advice was to use Cineform, or freeware, to convert 24P from the K-x to 25P. Thats simply a 4% retime plus a tweak of the audio rate. Cineform does it in one step, the freeware in two. The process is essentially lossless and certainly not "jumpy".

Converting 30P to 25P isn't really feasible, which is why you shouldn't have bought the K7.
Thanks Coby , my questions are why 30P to 24P can go...to 25P not.
Or better you can do it...but you can say goodbye of PANS and all what move , because all become noise jumps ( - 5 frames x second) ...so i think if you take away 6 (24P) normaly can't be better of 25p , or not?
But I will try cineform , and I like see what' happen... last hope.

Second.. question...Why K7 ?! you must ask...why PENTAX for 25 years? that's the true... but later k100 , belive again in pentax WAS a big , big (my) error...I was think like a stupid..IF YOU BUY the MORE big one (pentax) you have sure little support and software/firmwares UPDATE from pentax... but was a big DREAM... pentax have no consideration from ANY software house , and PENTAX make nothing fot the k7-users..(where is a little program usb/control like EVERY good reflex ?..remote assistant ? yes..for k10 & 20...) and ofcourse , I know very well...ask NOW ...in a new firmware please insert the 25P ..is a big STUPID dream...!!
You say right...I belive again in pentax ., too many lens pentax.... but also a big love, one day go to the end. If that is the NEW business of pentax, and for the pentax users , all IS NICE & GOOD... well... k7 was sure 10000% my last pentax model for ever. Ofcourse I never can speak GOOD about pentax & k7 !!..never!!!... I re-re-remember PENTAX self the k7 also in europe, anmd 1250 euro IS not cheap !! ... 25P , is a standar here , 30P is from NTSC primary...so, also IF pentax add 25P , I think is not ONLY EASY...but also a DUTY.
if not...don't be angry if many people can ONLY speak BAD of PENTAX.jap... good reflex but really BAD support. that's the true and can not be hide or be quiet , sorry..

PS..Christ , members-respect FIRST!!! second... I not work for PENTAX.JAP....I...sorry.

Last edited by jimiz; 08-08-2010 at 03:42 AM.
08-28-2010, 11:49 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Now I get it....

The relationship between FPS & Shutter speed are they are different.

The K-7 shoots 30p video regardless, thats what it shoots and we have ZERO control over that.

However with this we can control the shutter itself which is handy if we want to shoot slow-mo.

Ie with a shutter at 1/200 it can be better slowed down.
08-30-2010, 01:58 AM   #48
Inactive Account

Is very , very easy for pentax.jap make a last update firmware for the k7 users before endit ad add only 2-3 options ( shutter,iso manual control on video mode...and 24/25 frames/sec. ) no body like more... but without any control , like now is really bad, and ih terrible to see anothers reflex 4-500 dollars/euro... like the canon 550d... have ANY MANUAL control, and 720 50/60P !!! 1080 25/30P !! also the littles compat about 150 euro have more... so... is really masochist the "politicy" of pentax...and I really not understand WHY pentax users before ASK with strong voice , to pentax.jap little more support .... have nice to say I'm a stupid one...
All really happy to have a REFLEX that can do SURE more (k7) .. but have a close FW redutive for Pentax decisions ? ok... but that's true.

I like only say...k5...k7 II'... are just on the door... why not give the last support for the k7 users before say "is to old?!" ...many have buy for few weeks...remember pentax "PROF" !!!
08-30-2010, 03:50 AM   #49
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Buy a second hand Panasonic DXV100

08-30-2010, 05:17 AM   #50
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Christopher M.W.T Quote
Now I get it....

The relationship between FPS & Shutter speed are they are different.

The K-7 shoots 30p video regardless, thats what it shoots and we have ZERO control over that.

However with this we can control the shutter itself which is handy if we want to shoot slow-mo.

Ie with a shutter at 1/200 it can be better slowed down.
You cannot shoot slow-mo by adjusting the shutter speed. slow-mo is achieved by using a much faster frame rate than 30 (or 24,25,etc).
08-31-2010, 05:00 AM   #51
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dande Quote
You cannot shoot slow-mo by adjusting the shutter speed. slow-mo is achieved by using a much faster frame rate than 30 (or 24,25,etc).
Sorry I wasn't very clear there, I quickly wrote it on the iphone and didn't proof read.

What I meant is that shooting at a higher shutter speed can be useful in post when you are slowing the footage down.
09-01-2010, 08:27 PM   #52
Forum Member

Shooting faster shutter speeds can be useful in post as long as you are using good quality interpolation software such as Twixtor. Havings a sharper picture to start with makes it easier for the software to predict/track movement and create the in-between frames.

If, on the other hand, you are just blending frames as most software does then it will look pretty terrible no matter what you do.

09-14-2010, 05:28 AM   #53
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Christopher M.W.T Quote
Can we also get a sticky on this to please.
you have my vote. I also want/need/propose a sticky for custom settings.
09-14-2010, 05:38 AM   #54
Forum Member

What we need is some dedicated hackers, or people who can modify our cameras' firmware. I have a gut feeling that Pentax sort of cripples it cameras by locking features, which could be unlocked by jailbreaking.
09-14-2010, 01:20 PM   #55
Inactive Account

ihope and I WISH (to pentax) too..
but I think we are no much...0,000001 % of probality...look, how many programs are for the k7 users ?! nothing...e no one have write a little program like ASSISTANT REMOTE...
every canon and nikon , also the cheap old models have toons of softwares, for US nothing!
We hope pentax jap make a new firmware with video options , and we forget pentax have found no time and neve make sure..a UPDATE for k7 users of ASSISTAN REMOTE !!! (only for k10 & 20 !!!) crazy ma real! can't be answers... pentax , have NOT interesstine for WHO buy to them... and that's is the result.
k7...1200 $ of new camera, with video options like a samsung compcat of 50$ !

and you like applaud,acclaim
pentax.jap ?!? for what ? *************** !!!
09-23-2010, 11:48 PM   #56

Photos: Gallery
Christopher M.W.T - Thanks for Your post, I will try.

I also donīt understand why Pentax do nothing for users, what about manual control of audio level?

Why only 33khz sampling freq. audio ? Why not 44khz? Is it because of K-7 hardware limitation?
09-24-2010, 01:10 AM   #57
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by therion Quote
Christopher M.W.T - Thanks for Your post, I will try.

I also donīt understand why Pentax do nothing for users, what about manual control of audio level?

Why only 33khz sampling freq. audio ? Why not 44khz? Is it because of K-7 hardware limitation?
To be honest, the 33khz sampling rate could be because of the hardware limiting the choices, but manual control over the audio level, manual controls in video recording is only a firmware issue, which looks like it isn't important for Pentax.
09-24-2010, 01:48 AM   #58

Just now I was trying to take movie of fast spinning fan at PC CPU, strongly enlighted by bulb, try to set ISO 6400, f2.8, 1/8000 shutter and take movie, I think K-7 camera has not used these parameters, there are some limits, I guess. When I was looking at frames of video, fan is not sharp as when I take picture of it with these parameters.
09-24-2010, 01:52 AM   #59

I think I understand itīs limits - K-7 has rolling shutter, means no mechanical shutter in video, data from sensor are just readed with some speed and that speed is limited, I donīt know what is the max speed?

Last edited by therion; 09-24-2010 at 02:07 AM.
10-17-2010, 02:50 PM   #60

Is someone hear about creating alternative firmware with manual exposure control? Or is this impossible?