Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-28-2010, 06:57 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Best editing software?

Best editing software for kx 24p videos? PC

Let me know your opinions on which one to get \

Doesn't need to be super professional or anything.

07-29-2010, 01:31 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Check out this thread: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/digital-processing-software-printing/1020...ware-best.html

Moved to the video section.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-29-2010, 06:57 AM   #3
Forum Member

Install Linux Maybe Ubunto or linux Mint.

Then use Cinelerra

or Kdenlive for free.
Best freeware out there is opensource Linux.

Additionally you can use Avidemux.

For Windows I only know Pinnakle's Videospin shareware
Free video editing software download lets you edit and upload your movies for free - VideoSpin - Create your own movie clips in minutes!
The free version lets you only use AVI codec.

Last edited by davidvandoren; 07-29-2010 at 07:14 AM.
07-29-2010, 03:47 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by davidvandoren Quote
Install Linux Maybe Ubunto or linux Mint.

Then use Cinelerra http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q-NTYLiyKc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4ollw6Cqjc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIjSBiWc9Qs&feature=related

or Kdenlive for free.
Best freeware out there is opensource Linux.

Additionally you can use Avidemux.

For Windows I only know Pinnakle's Videospin shareware
Free video editing software download lets you edit and upload your movies for free - VideoSpin - Create your own movie clips in minutes!
The free version lets you only use AVI codec.
What about vegas pro 9.0 for 24fps, Good?

07-29-2010, 04:45 PM   #5
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clim920 Quote

Doesn't need to be super professional or anything.
Now you're asking a US$679.95 question.
07-30-2010, 05:39 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Now you're asking a US$679.95 question.

Is it worth it tho. if I could get it? Over others is it the best?

Also I would need a codec for avi/mjpep for it correct?
07-30-2010, 08:10 PM   #7
Forum Member

It probably is.

If you really want to spent a lot of your time editing videos and get to know all the functions.

Since you are working with K-X videos, I'd think you're be better off buying a real video camera for that cash instead, use some freeware and get used to the editing basics. If it turns out to be your thing, you still can upgrade and buy the latest version of whatever.

Also I don't like that Sony always seams to have some tricky things going on with codecs. Am I right the name sony vegas is from Sony consumer electronics?

For that money they should support your camera out of the box.
07-31-2010, 03:07 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
It probably is.

If you really want to spent a lot of your time editing videos and get to know all the functions.

Since you are working with K-X videos, I'd think you're be better off buying a real video camera for that cash instead, use some freeware and get used to the editing basics. If it turns out to be your thing, you still can upgrade and buy the latest version of whatever.

Also I don't like that Sony always seams to have some tricky things going on with codecs. Am I right the name sony vegas is from Sony consumer electronics?

For that money they should support your camera out of the box.
Agreed except for the video camera thing, I like the shallow DOF and interchangeable lens freedom of sorts but if I were to get a real vid cam what would you recommend?

07-31-2010, 05:48 AM   #9
Forum Member

If you want to get a consumer grade Video cam I'd say get one maybe from Panasonic that best compliments your KX's Limitations.

1) overheating after ca 15 minutes
2) moire especially in city panoramas
3) auto focus while in recording
4) can stay in focus while zooming in and out
5) control of shutter speed and iso for certain light conditions which can not be overcome by the KX

The sad thing is that the consumer electronics draw an artificial line between professional and consumer grade. The hardware is often able to do much more without any extra cost in production. This should actually be an issue for the consumer association and try winning a case here if possible.

For example I have an MD player from Sony which can Record pretty high quality audio but Sony limits its functionality, and then lies in the manual about file transfer to the pc via usb. Later they sell almost the same model with that capability but don't let you transfer the file in wave format. Only keep it in their Sony format. Still can get a crack for that though.
Pentax and the limitations of shutter-speed and ISO control seams to be a similar issue.
The printers we buy that cannot refill the ink and we gut to spend big $ for printing or retrofit the printer ourselves to do just that.

etc.
07-31-2010, 12:30 PM   #10
Inactive Account

If you want to get a consumer grade Video cam I'd say get one maybe from Panasonic that best compliments your KX's Limitations.

1) overheating after ca 15 minutes
2) moire especially in city panoramas
3) auto focus while in recording
4) can stay in focus while zooming in and out
5) control of shutter speed and iso for certain light conditions which can not be overcome by the KX

The sad thing is that the consumer electronics draw an artificial line between professional and consumer grade. The hardware is often able to do much more without any extra cost in production. This should actually be an issue for the consumer association and try winning a case here if possible.

For example I have an MD player from Sony which can Record pretty high quality audio but Sony limits its functionality, and then lies in the manual about file transfer to the pc via usb. Later they sell almost the same model with that capability but don't let you transfer the file in wave format. Only keep it in their Sony format. Still can get a crack for that though.
Pentax and the limitations of shutter-speed and ISO control seams to be a similar issue.
The printers we buy that cannot refill the ink and we gut to spend big $ for printing or retrofit the printer ourselves to do just that.

etc.

2-3-4 , 5!!!! ...many of this problems are EASY adjustable with a new firmware IF LIKE PENTAX.JAP ...but is hard to belive makeit... well in the next "NEW" pentax k7 II meaby...IF you buy ofcourse...
500 euro /dollars circa... and is a canon550 , what have in a video options ALL...iso, shutter, diafram, white, program, ecc..ecc.. 1080 30/25/24 P 720 60/50 P ...

and ofcourse 1000 prof softwares (breeze ) adsn tons of lens ecc..ecc..

meaby is time, pentax come DOWN for the star and see litte more about us CLIENTS.... before LOSE all for ever!!!