Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-20-2010, 05:54 PM   #1
Veteran Member

First Vid

Alright, so after month of dabbling and d!icking around, I've finally put in the effort of making a video. I went out and bought FCE and this is the first thing I've made. After doing nothing but capture random video clips for the past few months, finally going through the work of editing something together made me instantly learn alot about how and what to capture. Continuity is harder than you would think. This is far from a creative work, but more was just documenting friends/athletes at a trade show for a client/their sponsor. The audio suck, it's was a loud echoey room, and the lighting wasn't to hot either. Actually the lighting was very hot. This was all for fun, and not a ton of effort went into it, but it is the first thing I've done, none the less. Mostly shot with K-7, little bit of k-x in there, and a mix of 16-50 and 10-17. I'm sure I can do much better and am starting to get super excited about video. Check it out!

from Ben Fullerton on Vimeo.

08-21-2010, 09:44 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Forgot to add the part about C&C being welcome, if people want to...
08-22-2010, 05:00 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice all purpose video. People say you can't use a DSLR to like a camcorder, but you proved them wrong. The beer bottle shot showed nice use of narrow DOF. I've been waiting to upgrade to the K-7 from my K-10, but think I might wait to see what the rumored K-5 offers. Video in my next cam is important to me. Wish i had a K-7 with me on my last flyfishing trip. 18" native cut out of a creek 4 feet wide. BTW loved some of your shots from Teva mountain games. If you get to Pagosa PM me.