Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-15-2010, 10:11 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Driving Timelapse - Behind The Scenes Vid

Hey Guys!

Here's a quick video I made the other day while I was working on a multimedia climbing project. I wasn't planning on making this, so it was off the cuff. But I got to the meeting place, and the climbers I was going to be working with were running a bit late, so I took it as a chance to shoot some behind the scenes type stuff.

Recorded with K-7, DA 10-17, Rode Shotgun Video Mic, and edited in FCE.

This is also one of my first few video edits, so feel free to offer critique or comments.

Enjoy!

09-16-2010, 02:47 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FullertonImages Quote
Hey Guys!

Here's a quick video I made the other day while I was working on a multimedia climbing project. I wasn't planning on making this, so it was off the cuff. But I got to the meeting place, and the climbers I was going to be working with were running a bit late, so I took it as a chance to shoot some behind the scenes type stuff.

Recorded with K-7, DA 10-17, Rode Shotgun Video Mic, and edited in FCE.

This is also one of my first few video edits, so feel free to offer critique or comments.

Enjoy!

Great work dude.

With the 1 sec intervals, did you shoot raw or jpeg?
09-16-2010, 05:37 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cool, how was the climb?
09-16-2010, 07:52 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Christopher M.W.T Quote
Great work dude.

With the 1 sec intervals, did you shoot raw or jpeg?
Thanks! I was shooting jpeg, mostly just because I only had a 8gb card, and RAWs would fill it up pretty quick. I would have liked to shooting RAW though, just because that stretch of road (like most in the northeast) alternates a lot between sections with lots of sky and sections of deep dark woods. It would have been nice to have the extra latitude. But I just exposed for the sky and hoped for the best. Some of the woody sections, like the clip on the way out, are practically black; which is why it made for a decent fade out.

It's playing back at 30fps. My intervolometer only goes as low as 1 sec intervals. I would have liked to record at 1/2 sec intervals, and play back at 60 fps, to get the same rate of travel but a smoother look.

09-16-2010, 07:55 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
Cool, how was the climb?
The climb looked good. I was jugging ropes and hanging in a harness shooting video the whole time, so I didn't actually climb it myself.

*Note to self* - Shooting video hanging from a rope is hard. Way harder than shooting stills from a rope.