Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2010, 07:35 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Flashmob (kind of) video all shot with K5

Ok had the K5 for a few weeks and only used the video feature for a few minutes here and there for a test. Tonight decided to go crazy and use it for an event that more than likely won't happen around here again for a while.

Flash mobs are all the rage on youtube and a local group decided to get in on the action. I caught wind from a friend that was in one of the 4 or 5 groups that where involved in this event.

I would normally use the Flip Mino for this but figured, this is a chance to see what I can do with the K5.

So first things first, it didn't seem as FLASHY as other flash mobs that start with a few people that out of the blue start something but who cares it was awesome anyway

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9-ueLO7Xsc&hd=1[/YT]

I used the DA16-45 as I have been reading wider is better. I really need to work on my focusing skills but overall was pretty happy. Was strange using the LCD for this but got the hang of if a little tonight. Next, I really will invest in an external mic, the sound is ok at best but could/would have been way better if I had the external. A local reporter for a decent size paper is a friend and he was very impressed with the video of the Pentax. They all shoot Nikons and he gave me the WOW great job PENTAX comment Last, I need an 8G card. I knew it would run about 4-5minutes. I started recording and it said about 8 maybe 9 minutes (I think) As they got close to the end I was getting very nervous as the counter was getting close to the 1 minute left but they finished and still had a 20 seconds or so to spare LOL

This was not a big production on my part as I am not affiliated with any of the groups this was just something I thought would be fun to shoot. I am sure someone from the group will make a way cool version with better sound and fancy editing but I am very happy with my K5's work tonight.

enjoy and comments welcomed. Again, I know I missed focus on a few spots and fyi I shot all hand held.

12-20-2010, 10:01 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
nicely done

And this was taken in 1080?
I look forward to more video posts from you
12-20-2010, 11:19 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Lance. I look forward to doing some more video. I was very pleased with the outcome.
12-30-2010, 06:46 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thought I'd mention while not many comment (no big deal really) the groups that preformed spread the vid aroud and I have 7k views. Maybe no big deal to anyone else but me :-) but I thought it was cool that many people watched it. :-) (my horn toot) lol

12-31-2010, 01:50 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great! Didn't try the K-5 video function yet, but after seeing this I have to try it!!! Thanks!