Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-11-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
jjw3

K5 - first video - Brushing Teeth

So here's my first take on making a short video with the K-5.
Please set it to 1080p and fullscreen if possible

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBDo0VEoEr8&hd=1[/YT]

seems like I managed to do the manual exposure trick, if it worked out these are the settings:
ISO 1600 - F/5.0 - 1/50 - 25fps
All shots with the F-50 lens.

Not very challenging yet, didn't play around a whole lot with the DOF yet, mainly because I was recording and performing myself. This also made it quite hard to get the focus right. Anyway, I thought it was nice enough to share and hope to shoot more in the future. Let me know what you think!

Got the K5 yesterday One of the reasons to make the switch from the K20D (apart from photos of course) was the ability to shoot video. Now I know that a lot of people still think that a DSLR is for photos, on the other hand I also see a fast growing enthusiast film community using DSLRs for film and I think you can't deny the great and relatively cheap possiblities that DSLRs offer when it comes to video.

The K5 is in my opinion no exception to that, I think it's comparable to the canon 7D. Yes I know that it's a bit crippled when it comes to manual video, but apart from that? Let's hope Pentax sees the potential and brings a firmware update

Last edited by jjw3; 01-11-2011 at 02:13 PM.
01-11-2011, 03:58 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
All I can say is 60 FPS

Nice video. Good job for your first take at it.

Not to Hijack your thread but you commented on some things that I wanted to elaborate on.

I am a Pentax guy since 1975. With that said the cannon 7d does video much better than my k7. I have not seen the k5 but not having manual control and not giving the extreme slow motion in post (60 frames per second) it has to fall short compared to the 7D.

Pentax needs to up their product.

Interval shooting needs to be more than 99 shots
60 FPS video
Manual controls in video
FPS needs to be on par with the new Nikons and Cannons.
Great ISO which means they need to build a full frame DSLR(the N* d700 does an outstanding job with ISO.} It puts my K& to shame. It is 1000 dollars more but I would pay it if Pentax offered it.