Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2011, 05:49 AM   #1

Kx microphone

I am thinking of buying a KX and one of the few cons I can see is that it has no external microphone capability.

1. how good / useful is the built-in mic,
  2. lack of ext mic socket seems typical of cameras in this price range. What would I have to move up to get this facility?

02-21-2011, 06:17 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
the video quality on the K-X leaves a lot to be desired. handheld the frames are a little jerky and action isn't as smooth as it could be. If you are planning on using the video function a lot, I would personally suggest a dedicated camcorder from a known manufacturer, even standard def from my samsung gives better quality video, and the K-X for stills. without spending thousands, a unit made to do both will never be as good as two units to do each task.
Like I said, thats just my opinion, but it's worth asking to try these features for yourself in-store, to decide if it will meet your needs or not.
02-21-2011, 07:05 AM   #3
Pentaxian

The k-x mic is ok, not awesome, not bad, just ok.

As told before the k-x produce video but they are not as good as what a cam can do.
02-21-2011, 06:39 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Kx is good for creative short filmmaking maily for the DOF. In that way, people usually just detach the audio recorded by the camera. The mic is kind picky on wind.

For general purpuse, kx is not as good and friendly as a camcorder

02-23-2011, 05:02 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Any wind destroys the K-x's audio. Just saying.

Other than that, I love shooting video with it, though I'm just getting started. Then again, I'd better, as I can't afford to add a camcorder!