Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-11-2011, 06:16 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by TheoSixx Quote

Wooden? Are you shitting me? You're going to bother posting a link on how to whittle your own shoulder mount?

04-11-2011, 10:26 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rory Quote
Wooden? Are you shitting me? You're going to bother posting a link on how to whittle your own shoulder mount?
The thread is "Low cost DSLR Rig Shoulder Mount" after all. So the wooden rig is closer in spirit than some of the other mounts posted here.
04-11-2011, 10:34 PM   #18

classy.
you kiss your mother with that mouth?

i simply did a search and grabbed the first twenty DIY things that came up.

you know, under the heading 'low cost shoulder mount' thread.

if you need a diagram, i can probably whip something up that shows the way the link got posted.
you know, lines and graphic bits.
a 'how to' post a link by copying and pasting.
it's not hard, even you will figure it out.

still- stay classy.
04-12-2011, 06:35 AM   #19
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
The thread is "Low cost DSLR Rig Shoulder Mount" after all. So the wooden rig is closer in spirit than some of the other mounts posted here.
I suppose you're right, John. However, there is a big difference between a low cost option and being cheap. I would think there are better, more innovative ways to make one thank that link.

Theo, stop crying because you feel insulted because I laughed at a link you posted.

04-12-2011, 07:54 AM   #20
Veteran Member

I suppose you're right, John. However, there is a big difference between a low cost option and being cheap. I would think there are better, more innovative ways to make one thank that link.

Theo, stop crying because you feel insulted because I laughed at a link you posted.
Someone slapping together some wood from Home Depot with nails they found in a coffee can in the basement = cheap

Someone creating a shoulder mount from a tree limb and then turning the handles and machining the bushings = true craftsmanship and anything but cheap

Don't equate wood with cheap. The Corvette, for all of it's technology, has a balsa wood composite floor. And take a look at these wooden bicycles - The Renovo Bicycle - Renovo Hardwood Bicycles

Also, I can't fault Theo for his response. He's pretty new here and might not know the character of the place. For a newcomer, you might have come across as a bit harsh.

It's all good though. Now let's go out and shoot some video with our rigs...
04-12-2011, 08:17 AM   #21
Inactive Account

Good points, John. And I'm not necessarily equating wood with cheap. More along the lines that I'm sure there are more innovative items to reclaim and fashion. Either way, I suppose it doesn't matter.

And yes, Internet culture is a bit different, and perhaps I did come off harsh. It's a very friendly place here, an I don't mean to give the appearance that it's not. However, we're all adults here, and should be able to withstand criticism and a little ribbing. We all know we've gotten our fair share.
04-12-2011, 08:33 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Good points, John. And I'm not necessarily equating wood with cheap. More along the lines that I'm sure there are more innovative items to reclaim and fashion. Either way, I suppose it doesn't matter.

And yes, Internet culture is a bit different, and perhaps I did come off harsh. It's a very friendly place here, an I don't mean to give the appearance that it's not. However, we're all adults here, and should be able to withstand criticism and a little ribbing. We all know we've gotten our fair share.
No worries. It's all good.

04-12-2011, 09:24 AM   #23

Yes, and after all you nice forgiveness and stuff I say this wooden one really innovative one. Not by the idea and technology, but by the material and low tech. However I have to admit there was a fare share machinery used to produce this. For me unique well hand crafted device is way cooler than any highest tech gadget.
And if one wants to show off with his schwarz, this would get you some mates for sure.
04-12-2011, 01:15 PM   #24

BEST TOOL ON THE FORUM?
'Edit Ignored Users' - under 'Community' in the User CP.
Wondrous thing it is!
Try it.

Damn nice sky Mr. Flores- i got one too:
"Vermeer Sky"

It's legit - no manipulation, no computer generation.

Details:
Shooting straight up from below... shade past o'dark thirty, dawn sun just breaking the horizon in the distance.
Single exposure (no EXIF available- this was before that!)

Can you guess what left this mark in the sky?? *
(test question- first right answer gets a prize)

*hint; five things are contributing to the 'signature' here.

It's a 69MB file originally- so, what you're looking here at is really tiny (and lo-res.)

As skies go though, it's kinda neat looking.

Attached Images

04-12-2011, 04:28 PM   #25
Inactive Account

Sorry, I don't buy for one second that's your photo.

Oh, that's right. I'm on ignore. I'm crushed.
04-13-2011, 04:38 AM   #26

ha ha ha- what a DA
IGNORE is like tuning out a noisy channel on your radio
not only does it go away, you have to know it's still there- making its noise, but you're not bothered by it.

SO COOL-- try it.

no takers on the contest figuring out the sky shot?
need more hints?
how 'bout long and lat? that help any?
-80.5585 & 28.4667 --made it hard to read, at least...
(this is so easy now- I'm practically giving the prize away!)

Remember; Do NOT run with scissors in your mouth!
04-13-2011, 06:19 AM   #27

QuoteOriginally posted by TheoSixx Quote
ha ha ha- what a DA
IGNORE is like tuning out a noisy channel on your radio
not only does it go away, you have to know it's still there- making its noise, but you're not bothered by it.

SO COOL-- try it.

no takers on the contest figuring out the sky shot?
need more hints?
how 'bout long and lat? that help any?
-80.5585 & 28.4667 --made it hard to read, at least...
(this is so easy now- I'm practically giving the prize away!)

Remember; Do NOT run with scissors in your mouth!
I think I am lost here. Are you talking about low cost shoulder mounts or you have moved to different topic all together? What this ugly(my personal taste) clouds picture has to do with stabilizer gear?
04-13-2011, 07:41 AM   #28
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by vanakaru Quote
I think I am lost here. Are you talking about low cost shoulder mounts or you have moved to different topic all together? What this ugly(my personal taste) clouds picture has to do with stabilizer gear?
It's just spam.
04-14-2011, 04:28 AM   #29

QuoteOriginally posted by vanakaru Quote
Just thread drift is all.
no big deal

It's not 'clouds'.
It's the sky- something made those forms, in it.
It's spectacular- but that's cool if you don't/can't get it.

Sort of like the guy on 'ignore' can't get his contributions are not being seen.

Maybe you (yanakaru) should try the feature (in your CP - just click on the 'ignore user' button- put my 'handle' in there.)
No more 'ugly' pictures that way - or drifting topic.

I do have to wonder though- what does your contribution lend to the topic either.
(not a question- just an observation.)

Still no takers on the CONTEST??
There is a prize at the end- goes to the winner who guesses what that sky shot is.
04-14-2011, 06:12 AM   #30
Inactive Account

I think they only people using the ignore tip at this point is to add this guy.