Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2012, 11:13 AM   #16

Thought this was great. Yes I suppose it needs a warning for the colourful language, but it was the colourful language that set this apart from other short films I've watched recently. Soderburgh has this to say:

Avoid Getting Branded
Get Out of the Way of Actors
Exhaust Your Interests and Move On
Don’t Fake It
Don’t Give a F^ck What Critics Think
Characters Don’t Have to Be Sympathetic, But They Do Have to Be Interesting

The last point is exactly what this film nailed. Well done, Dennis.

12-05-2012, 11:01 AM   #17

Photos: Albums
you can fix the iso with the AF button in the right upper corner ... set it to mode 3 in the options menue ... then press it in video mode and a star appears ... iso and exposure are fixed then.
12-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Nice work! I liked all the camera shots, they were well planned and the shallow DOF was pleasant at times. All the fixed cam shots were beginning to bug me when a few handheld shots broke the pattern which is a good thing. I loved the music soundtrack. I think some of the dialogue, especially from the main character could use some compression as there are a few audio peaks that really jump out. I loved the cam work on the flashback scene at the end. Wasn't a fan of the bad language, it just didn't add anything to the story for me.
Overall, really great job and I am impressed with the Kx performance!!
03-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #19
Veteran Member

thumbs up!