Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2011, 11:14 PM   #1
Forum Member

Import K-X video files into CS5?

Anyone know how to successfully do this? I can't import correctly, i just get audio. I read somewhere that it might be a problem with CS5 being 64 bit, but I can't find an explanation on how to work with that.

04-06-2011, 03:18 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
What do you mean by import and what CS5 app you are using? The movie files are on you SD card just like photos so you just drop these into your Premier? After Effects? import window. If you are on windows I can not assist you any further. If on mac try to play your video files with Quicktime. If these play correctly then it should work in CS5 as well.
What OS?
What app?
04-06-2011, 09:36 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
I'm on windows trying to drop them into premiere, I've tried most of the premiere project presets to make sure I wasn't just using the wrong project settings, but none seem to work. All I get is the audio. I tried finding a codec but I'm not sure I completely understand how to install new codecs, or if that's even the right answer to this problem.
04-07-2011, 02:33 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
I do not use Premiere, but AE can play almost any codec independent your codec installations (it has its own package I think). If you have the media CDs that came with your camera I am sure you can find something that allow you to open the movies properly there. Actually I think this will install the proper codec so you will be OK afterwards.

04-07-2011, 12:55 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks, I'll try AE first, but if anything I'll have to dig out the cd's and see if that helps. Thanks again for responding.