Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2011, 08:47 AM   #1
Forum Member

First footage with K-x

Here's some footage from the first short film I'm shooting entirely with my K-x. This definitely isn't my favorite/best shot of the entire thing, but the Director has the rest of the footage on her HD and this is one of the only scenes still on my card, so take a look.

Shot it with my FA 50mm f1.4, set the aperture to around 2.8 or maybe a little wider if I remember correctly.

After the Walls, Here?s some sample footage of a short film I?m...

04-19-2011, 09:08 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
the sequence is short, but it looks good.

Just need a little more training for the camera man :P, it's obvious that he's walking
04-19-2011, 09:15 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
the sequence is short, but it looks good.

Just need a little more training for the camera man :P, it's obvious that he's walking
Actually I was riding in the back of a trunk of a car while the car drove forward.
04-20-2011, 01:16 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I feel your video clarity is better than my kx video...

04-20-2011, 01:37 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ramlax13 Quote
Actually I was riding in the back of a trunk of a car while the car drove forward.
I was going to say, as shaky as that is, it's pretty damn good for running backwards as fast as someone else is running forwards!

Focus looks good. I think the framing is a little too tight, and obviously it's pretty shaky. Steadicam, or some kind of smoother ride would be good. Keep at it!

Cheers,

Ben
04-20-2011, 03:26 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by FullertonImages Quote
I was going to say, as shaky as that is, it's pretty damn good for running backwards as fast as someone else is running forwards!

Focus looks good. I think the framing is a little too tight, and obviously it's pretty shaky. Steadicam, or some kind of smoother ride would be good. Keep at it!

Cheers,

Ben
Thanks man,

We've got some more medium-esque takes of the same shot, up to the director/editor at this point as to which they want to use, I just prefer tighter shots more especially at wider apertures.
04-24-2011, 01:20 PM   #7

looks pretty good. up/down movement is pretty well controlled, but IMO the side to side movement is quite distracting.

But focus stays on her, so well done for that man! Just starting to experiment with video myself, and like you said - Big apertures + moving subject = many takes!

04-25-2011, 08:22 AM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by scathontiphat Quote
looks pretty good. up/down movement is pretty well controlled, but IMO the side to side movement is quite distracting.

But focus stays on her, so well done for that man! Just starting to experiment with video myself, and like you said - Big apertures + moving subject = many takes!
I agree, if I had another shot at it I would have used some sort of shoulder mount to avoid the side to side, but I had nothing stabilize. Originally the shot wasn't supposed to be moving but we decided to try shooting out of the back of the car.