Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2011, 12:20 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Anybody use the Carry Speed Vfinder?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

3" CARRY SPEED VFINDER 4:3 FOR 5D II 7D LCDVF Z FINDER | eBay

Was thinking of picking one up to use with a new K-5. Just wondering if anybody has had any experience with it or similar. I'm a bit worried as I wear glasses (near-sighted) and normally need to rack the diopter all the way to the right on my K-x to me to focus on the focusing screen. I don't use reading glasses, but i wonder if being so close to the LCD will cause problems for my eyes if there's no dioper adjustment (and I don't do enough video right now to justify a zacuto product). Although if i take off my glasses i can focus a bit closer with my eyes.

thanks in advance for any comments!

04-25-2011, 03:48 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
I use one all the time. First I got similar to the one you are listing. This nice metal bracket comes loose off the adhesive in about a month and it never can be put on again. Usually you get 2 of these frames, but this will give you another month. The reason is that the LCD gets warm when working and loosens the tape.
I bought the one with LCD protector
GGS 3" inch LCD Viewfinder Extender f Nikon D90 D300 D3 | eBay UK
that has been OK so far. The tape is much better and mounting surface is a bit wider. And the magnifier stays on better too.