Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-13-2011, 01:06 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Tascam DR-07 MK2 vs DR05 vsZoom H1 vs H2

Hello to all,

After being very frustrated with the AGC issue when using an external mic, i start searching for alternatives, and now i'm lost between 4 choices (well actually it's more 2):

I was seing:

- Zoom H1 (99$)

It seems from all the most used for HDSLR. Nice price, sound and size. It's also the easiest to mount on top of the camera.

- Zoom H2 (139$)

Instead of having two mics on XY it has four and it has the capabiltie of recording Surround Sound.

- Tascam DR-05 (99$)

Same price as Zoom H1, well built but i think Zoom H1 has similar sound, it's lighter and easier to have mounted on HotShoe.

- Tascam DR-07MKII (149$)

More expensive than the H1 and DR05 but considered to be better, although i don't not why i don't see too much reviews using it for HDSLR has the Zoom ones.

Does anyone have opinions on this?

08-13-2011, 06:41 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've got the Tascam DR-07. It's ok, but the levels are a bit low - you've really got to jack up the input levels which increases the background noise. And it's not very good handheld because the mics pick up every noise from handling it.

Hopefully they've fixed these issues with the MKII
08-25-2011, 01:50 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I've Bought the Zoom H1 and now i'm waiting for the Schock Mount to Arrive in order to do some serious testing. It was the chepeast one, and currently it seems that it is the one most used on HDSLR. Since i'm only going to use the Video Mode for Family and Friends it's more than enough