Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-15-2011, 07:18 PM - 1 Like   #1
Inactive Account

Silly video I made with K-x

The camera is better than this video makes it look. Besides the absurdity of my little video here, focus and lighting, etc could have been better, but I'm still learning all the skills.
Happy to answer any questions about the process which I managed to do entirely by myself including music. Hope you enjoy.

09-15-2011, 11:59 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I hope it was as much fun to make as I had viewing. Can't say I have gotten that far with video yet.
09-16-2011, 04:40 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That is an awesome video. Very nice!
09-16-2011, 10:46 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks! It was pretty fun to make.

11-22-2011, 04:46 PM   #5
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
String--are you still around here?

I loved the production values on this!!!

I haven't TOUCHED video on my K-x yet, but I want to start--short form stuff like yours here, and using my manual Taks.

But I have ZERO clues on settings and post work. (I have an old Mac, but am buying a new PC laptop this weekend.)

Can you send me a PM explaining how you did your settings? I thought that with a manual lens, getting proper exposure was as simple as setting your ISO, setting your F stop on the lens, and the camera would select shutter speed and that exposure value would be locked in for the duration of the clip. But I just read a long thread here (6 pages) which confused the hell out of me about exposure and shutter speed.

Basically, I need the 5-step idiot's guide.
11-27-2011, 01:10 PM   #6

Hello, new here. I totally lol'd when that thing shot out at you and "hit" you in the head. This was a really creative video. Good timing and spacing between transitions.
12-09-2011, 10:49 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hey, Ira, sorry to take so long to respond. Honestly, I'm not all that clear on shutter speeds and most of the other settings either. I can tell you that the best thing I've done with exposure when it comes to video, is to set the AF/AE-L button to "AE Lock" in the menu. There may be times when you want the exposure to change automatically, but I think for video you'll usually want it locked for each shot. For this video I was using the kit lens and don't even remember if I thought to lock the exposure, but the camera was on the tripod mostly so there really wasn't any reason for the lighting to change. I'll try to answer any other specific questions you might have. Happy to share anything I've learned, but right now locking the exposure is the smartest trick I know for video.