Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-11-2011, 11:11 AM   #1
Forum Member

Video shot with Kx

Hey fellow Pentaxians. I recently started a Youtube Channel with my friend and have been shooting footage using my K-x

There hasn't been very many shoots yet and the few that we had have were very quick ones. ie. 1 Hr or less Shoots.

What do you guys think of it?

I was mostly seeing the limitations of the K-x in the Count on me video.

The Mistletoe video looks pretty good for one shot IMO

OneAcornProductions's Channel - YouTube

11-11-2011, 12:00 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
i've seen few video with the k-x, but its a pretty capable DSLR for video, not top notch, definitely not, but it's a good way to start.

the main problem with DSLR for video is that it require a good tripod or some stuff to maintiain it steady, even during some sliding effect. And btw stop the SR to have a better result.
11-11-2011, 01:14 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the input

Yeah, I had the SR turned off. Most of the walking moving shots were hand held though. Sliding shots was done on carpet with kx on the tripod bag. Definitely not the best but could only do what I had time to do. =\ Will start building rigs for our featured video of the month though.
11-11-2011, 02:55 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
the walking is the hardest thing to do with dslr. look on google image "steady dslr".

It's easy to build by yourself, and it can really helps and solve most of the "shaking" problem of any film

basically, you fix your dslr on top, you hold it with the grip of the "steady" thing, and you have some weight that counter / balance the vibration you can have. It lift any shaking.

Walking scene that was "shaky" become steady, smooth, and visually you can concentrate on the video without being disturb by the shaking.

Remember that movie can be demoralizing, but if you hold, you can achieve some awesome work.