Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-24-2011, 02:50 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I guess it mainly comes down to how the 2 DDR3 stripes are managed.. are they read/wrote to one at a time or simultaneously, Pro/Cons for each way I guess..

12-29-2011, 04:07 AM   #32

Photos: Albums
i spoke briefly with Vitaliy_Kiselev online who said to just wait for the mirror-less offerings from pentax as it is just too late in the cameras life at this point. also he just didnt have enough time with everything else going on.
im still really curious as to what is the limiting factor for video on the k-5 as to whether or not its hardware or software when it comes to ISO control.
12-29-2011, 11:45 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think they need to release an SDK firmware kit if they want to quit supporting their products within 2 years. I understand that they don't want it to compete too strongly with their next gen camera's.. but lots of the people who have the K-5 are the ones eager for the next gen, opposed to those with older generations of gear whom many are happy staying with what they have or waiting for the K-5 price to drop more when this next gen hits. So Supporting their new equipment well would make me want to continue buying the new equipment.. not supporting it would make me look at a D800 or something as such.

I really wish Vitaliy Kiselev came good on his intentions of working on the K-5, there would definitely be a support base for him here.
12-29-2011, 11:20 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Not only for that but they can copy the feature someone else put into it.
Also they should release it when the camera is out, just look what the custom firmware does for the film industry.