Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2012, 03:57 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Video for beginners

One of the reasons I got the K-01 was to try my hand at video.

Can anyone recommend an up-to-date book on using a camera such as the K-01 for video recording? I need something for an absolute beginner with no knowledge of the subject beyond what I've read in the camera manual.

04-26-2012, 03:24 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Well you got the different forums and websites like eoshd, cinema5d, planet5d, nofilmschool...where you can find some resources, gear reviews, beginner tips and such.
Then if your interest is broader than the handling of the camera and the making of video i recommend you read Cinematography: theory and practice. It's a great book that will teach you a hell of a lot about filmaking, with lots of examples...
I started reading, jut as you, about the video features of my camera and quite fast got an interest in broader themes related to video. Just surf around you'll find tons of resources about the technical stuff (as FPS and shutter speed for video), and then if you get interested on other things besides the gear related tech part, get the book.
Good luck.
04-27-2012, 08:21 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thank you!

Many thanks for the advice and suggestions, Coeurdechene - much appreciated.
04-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
No problem.
If you start getting into video a lot you'll also like to read: "Selakovich, Dan & Ferris, Michael - Killer Camera Rigs That You Can Build"
It'll save you $$$ on those ridicously priced rigs, dollys, cranes, etc! I've started to draw and plan my shoulder rig, and a stabilizer...the cost of retail ones is around 300€ for the cheapest, the cost of both DIY made including some hardware i lack is less than a half.
When you get something that satisfies you be sure to post a link.