Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2012, 08:19 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K5 video - Image Can Not Be Displayed - HELP

So I shot a video today and when I got home and popped out the card as usual and inserted into the card reader on my Mac I noticed it would not load into iMovie. The AVI file was there but I could not open it or do anything. The rest of the pictures I took where all there but I could not see the video. I added the card back to the K5 and got Image Can NOt Be Displayed when I get to the video. it shows --min--sec .

Anyone have this happen? is there any chance the video is there and I need to do something to get it out?

This is a first time so a little strange. I really would like the video as it was from school band show. It was maybe 4 minutes long.

Thanks in advance.

05-27-2012, 07:00 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You need a specialized codec in order to view the files properly on your computer, so I wouldn't worry too much about that error message. Players like VLC can generally play the videos, but sometimes the AVI index has to be "fixed". Not 100% sure why ivideo is having issues, though, so I'll let someone else chime in on that.

The second issue on your K-5 screen suggests that the video file got corrupted, though- did you forget to eject the SD card?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: