Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-30-2012, 03:32 AM - 1 Like   #1

Photos: Albums
Pentax Q/Rock band

I just shot a band called "Nife" with my Pentax Q. I was using the 01 prime lens and I think it turned out pretty well...have a look:

07-31-2012, 02:08 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The video looks good, especially considering it was in a dark venue (and handheld?). Maybe next time move around a little bit, to get more than one angle of the band?
07-31-2012, 06:21 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
The video looks good, especially considering it was in a dark venue (and handheld?). Maybe next time move around a little bit, to get more than one angle of the band?
Thanks!

Yes, it was shot handheld in a club. The stage was actually pretty well lit for a change and they weren't using weird colors either which was nice!
08-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Allyn,
I agree with you the video turned out really great. Also, the audio was very good. Did you do anything special to capture the audio? As a fellow Q owner you have peaked my interest in trying videos with the Q.

08-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Big Bob Quote
Allyn,
I agree with you the video turned out really great. Also, the audio was very good. Did you do anything special to capture the audio? As a fellow Q owner you have peaked my interest in trying videos with the Q.
Re: Audio

I didn't do anything special at all. The built in mic and AGC circuitry is pretty impressive handling loud music without clipping. The only mildly disappointing issue is that it is mono only but you really don't notice the lack of stereo.

The sensor does overheat after awhile (the red thermometer symbol appears) but I haven't had the camera shutdown on me while filiming. The longest continuous shooting I've done is probably 15 to 20 minutes. The sensor does seem to cool down faster than my K7. It's an amazing camera...
08-17-2012, 08:38 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Im now trying video and have always thought the Q would be an excellent tool for documentary videos but even Im shocked at the audio quality, its quite impressive.