Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-30-2013, 01:32 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You only live once photoshoot video

Hello!

I hope you are not getting bored of me, but here I am again presenting you yet another some sort of a backstage video.
There was a nice photoshoot called "You Only Live Once" featuring Greta Matiukaite and Antanas Apulskis.

Once again thanks goes to Migle Golubickaite who invited to film her photoshoot.

I hope you will like this video.

Filmed with Pentax K30 and Cosina Cosinon 50mm f1.8

07-30-2013, 01:47 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Let me tell you this - that was a very nice and technically skilled video !!
Some moments could have been shown a bit longer to my taste but that was a very professionally looking and nicely put together video!
Well done !
07-30-2013, 04:52 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Great video: the colours, the crisp detail shown, how it fits the music. Really great stuff. The only thing I would say is that, as mentioned above, some parts jump a little too fast for my taste. I dont usually enjoy scenes where I dont have enough time to see whats in it
07-30-2013, 05:08 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pretty good video, although I can't talk. I don't shoot video very much.

inb4 #yolo

08-02-2013, 02:17 AM   #5

Original Poster
hello!

thank you very much for your feedback
08-04-2013, 07:26 AM   #6
Forum Member

Great vídeo. Just a quick question, which is the effect or the colour you used for the video? Is it a preset from the camera? Did you edit it on Final Cut pro x?

It's a great video. I can't wait to get my K30.

It would have been even better if it was a little stabilization, but that's hardware, nothing you can do about it. Still, how did you minimize the shake?? It's almost professional.
08-04-2013, 01:03 PM   #7

Original Poster
Hello JohnnyXD!

Thanks for your compliments!
Video use custom color grade, it was firstly colored to match the cool coloring of the pictures in Davinci Resolve, however after editing we decided it would look warm better so color correction finished in Lightworks which was used to edit.

Video is edited in Lightworks video editor not FCP, you can check it out at lwks.com, wonderful video editing application.

I use my tripod as a camera rig for shoulder, if it was heavier it would be more stable, but well, heh what I do is I mount my camera on a tripod so it would point upwards if the tripod was settled to sit on ground, then I lengthen it to max, although I don;t use the full length of the tipod legs, so well anyway I make it so it would have some sort of balance and then film as if having a cinema camera on shoulder. The downside of this is that everyone behind me must be careful.

08-04-2013, 07:18 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jumpy video editing might suit short attention spans, but it is not for me. The real challenge is to do it in one take.
08-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #9

Love the Pace

Nicely done, I love the pacing of the clips. It kept it interesting and I didn't dare look away from the screen as I might miss something. Nicely done!!!!
Lance
08-19-2013, 01:43 AM   #10

Original Poster
Hello!

Thank you very much to everyone for your input and comments

Soon there will be more videos that I will show, hopefully they will be interesting too