Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2014, 10:13 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yay! My first "real" video!

So a couple weeks ago, I posted a thread asking for some basic video tips because I was really really clueless about this stuff... I got lots of great replies and helpful posts, so I just wanted to thank everyone for helping make the video a success (at least, I think it is...)

Well, it is finally done, so here it is!

Filmed with K01 + DA 40 & DAL 18-55 and K30 + DA* 55, edited entirely in Windows Live Movie Maker.

In case you don't understand what the whole thing is about, then in a nutshell:

School project that we were assigned to do as a final for AP Lit. We got characters assigned from novels that we've read (in this case, Bump from Malamud's The Natural, Avdotya Raskolnikov from Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment, and the Fool from Shakespear's King Lear).

If you haven't read Crime and Punishment, some background needed to help understand the video: Avdotya/Addy is supposed to marry this conceited guy, Luzhin, for money and to save her mom and brother. Her brother, Raskolnikov killed Alyona (with the blunt side of an ax), the pawnbroker for money, and is serving time in Siberia.

We were also assigned a random setting and some elements that needed to be incorporated into the video (Saw Doctors meet and greet, a peculiar sense of smell, and a time traveling character). So if it doesn't make any sense to you guys, I guess it's fine... the audience viewing it should know what's up because they were supposed to have read these works too.

And btw, it looks quite nice when you watch it full 1080HD; worth waiting for it to load!

Also, if you had the time, it would be helpful if you posted what you thought was good/bad about the video. What you liked/disliked.

Thanks!

04-28-2014, 10:40 PM   #2
Pentaxian

I'd watch it in 1080p if it was an option, but it doesn't seem to be?
Maybe google is still processing it. I'll check back later

Last edited by Steve.Ledger; 08-10-2014 at 10:12 PM.
04-28-2014, 11:05 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
I'd watch it in 1080p if it was an option, but it doesn't seem to be?
Maybe google is still processing it. I'll check back later
Oh... thanks for noticing that. I uploaded a test video the other day (only about 1/4 of the movie and it took a little while, but eventually the 1080HD option became available). Hopefully this is the case here as well, the video itself was just uploaded pretty recently (after a nearly 1-hour upload wait)... please do check back!
04-29-2014, 12:34 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I'm not very good with movies, but this is nice. Maybe, to much close up shots.

Still on 480, not in 1080p.

04-29-2014, 01:20 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Julie Quote
Hopefully this is the case here as well, the video itself was just uploaded pretty recently (after a nearly 1-hour upload wait)... please do check back!
Nope. 480p max res available.
Did you upload directly from your editor? Some of them have a 'Publish to YouTube' setting and they are still in the dark ages so will reduce it because they think that's best..
I never use that, always export to my desktop then drag'n'drop into the YT upload window.