Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-21-2014, 09:20 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Premiere CC and K5 issues

I am having issues with editing in Adobe Premiere CC and the k5. All my videos come in to the software as black and white and a banding of rolling video. I can edit it fine in Premiere 5.0 everything looks great there. My k01 and k3 are fine "IF" I shoot in 24, 30, or 60 frames. 25 and the 50 give me the same results in CC on all my cameras. Anyone have a fix for this. I have the most current firmware on the k5 as well as my k01 and k3

08-22-2014, 01:49 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Do you choose sequence settings on your own - or do you let CC choose for itself ?
I have stopped figuring out ... and always let CC open my K-5 clips on it's own.

And also: The Premiere versions on the market have different codec-collections on board.
Some leak this ... some got this ... Mine can't open .move for example. License questions.

If you need to pay for mjpeg on CC you got a limited version - even CS6 can do that !
I have gone through this mess with CS4 ... and have tried codec-imports with watermarks
08-23-2014, 08:45 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Don't shout ... or it will be shouted back ;-)

MJPEG works absolutely fine for me on two versions of Premiere.
It is regular MJPEG ... Sit down and meditate on this my friend ;-)

And Quicktime in some Premiere trial-versions is out of license.
These things happen often on Premiere Versions - not payed and updated yet.
Just watch the web concerning these facts ...
08-26-2014, 08:44 PM   #4

Hi everyone, I'm very stressed and in a bit of a dilemma; I've been editing a uni project in Premiere Pro CC (K-5 files), and everything works perfectly until I come to rendering and exporting the video. Basically the completed output file plays well for a few minutes, then goes to a green screen with flashes of the film underneath before working fine again. This repeats over and over until the end of each file. The audio works perfectly throughout. I've tried a few of the codecs listed but nothing makes the problem go away. I would be very appreciative if someone could give me a hand! Would it be worth downloading After Effects, importing the project into that and then exporting from there?

08-27-2014, 07:21 AM   #5
Veteran Member

There are many directions possible before you may find the root-cause for your problem.
Relax and see where the problem hides .. in the codec ... in your CC ... in your player ...
in a wrong export-file ... etc.

Green screen sounds to me like your player got problems with you output-file, but I just guess.
Everything is still OK while your video runs on CC ?
Are you shure about what you need to export ?

Maybe this helps ? (Great video tutorials btw.)
What's the best export format or codec?
https://www.video2brain.com/en/lessons/whats-the-best-export-format-or-codec

Last edited by TomGarn; 08-27-2014 at 07:29 AM.
08-27-2014, 07:39 AM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by TomGarn Quote
There are many directions possible before you may find the root-cause for your problem.
Relax and see where the problem hides .. in the codec ... in your CC ... in your player ...
in a wrong export-file ... etc.

Green screen sounds to me like your player got problems with you output-file, but I just guess.
Everything is still OK while your video runs on CC ?
Are you shure about what you need to export ?

Maybe this helps ? (Great video tutorials btw.)
What's the best export format or codec?
https://www.video2brain.com/en/lessons/whats-the-best-export-format-or-codec
The video is fine in CC before rendering, but after I have rendered from start to finish there are green screens/other glitches apparent. I have been exporting with the same settings as those used when I imported. The unusual thing is the fact that the files work normally, but it is only when I render them/export them as a file that they begin to stop working. Frustrating.

PLOT TWIST: The video, when imported into AE and then rendered using the Media Encoder, works fine. Does this help at all? Probably not. Haha

Last edited by Fareseru; 08-27-2014 at 07:51 AM.
08-27-2014, 07:51 AM   #7
Veteran Member

That is not clear to me - as a desription - sorry.
You import your files - then manually set the sequence - or let the sequence decide ? (I always let it choose)
When you export your video you shouldn't export an mjpeg file - but the codec that is best for further needs ...
For YouTube this will be H.264 for example ...

Rendering can't corrupt the files I think ...something has gone wrong before ... but I don't know how far you
have learned Premiere ... so there are many open questions ...

Last edited by TomGarn; 08-27-2014 at 08:06 AM.
08-27-2014, 07:57 AM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by TomGarn Quote
That is not clear to me - as a desription - sorry.
You import your files - then manually set the sequence - or let the sequence decide ? (I always let it choose)
When you export your video you shouldn't export an mjpeg file - but the codec that is best for further needs ...
For YouTube this will be H.264 for example ...
I let the sequence decide. The video then plays fine as I edit, but then when I render the entire sequence and play it back in CC it has the problems, and when I export it as a file it still has the problems. I've been exporting in H.264. As I said, when I imported the sequence into AE and then exported from there it worked perfectly.
08-27-2014, 08:10 AM   #9
Veteran Member

I don't use AE because most things can be done In Premiere as well.
Something goes wrong while rendering ... hmmmm ...that is strange ...
Do you use CUDA btw ? Anyway I never encountered that prob.