Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
02-06-2015, 04:46 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
BAGUIO - The City of Kabunyan

• The mountainous and celestial city of Baguio, located at the Cordilleras of Northern Luzon in the Philippines. "Kabunyan", the one and only supreme being, praised mostly by the Igorots, the indigenous peoples of the Cordilleras which consists of several types of tribes and having several types of dialects. These beliefs, derived from the ancient civilization, are integrated with today's Christian beliefs as they call and describe God as Kabunyan.
© Richard Balonglong

Video created using Pentax K-01 and Tamron lenses: Tamron 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5, Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8, Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8.
Music: Future World Music - Voyage to Atlantis

Last edited by richard balonglong; 02-09-2015 at 09:00 AM.
02-06-2015, 06:56 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice. I specially like the flow of clouds, and the city panorama, with star moving ahead, and also, the sunset.

And I've seen something strange. At one point, a star in the center creates a bright hallo around it. How did you do it? Or was the atmosphere that did it?
02-06-2015, 09:58 AM - 1 Like   #3
r3n

Nice work Pare! Yea also wondering too about that halo around the star at the 1:58-1:59 mark.
02-06-2015, 03:47 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Nicely done.. I enjoyed that. K-01 capable of professional quality results in skilled hands.

02-06-2015, 08:00 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks everyone!
Yeah, about that haloing of some starts there, that caused by the fogging of the lens. The temperature there was something around 7-9 degrees Celsius (that is already freezing for us locals because our region's normal temperature is like around 15 degrees Celsius), and all of my gears are getting wet because of the weather. Every time the camera takes a shot I quickly tried to remove the fogging by using my lens blower before it take another shot again. I repeated that process like 100+ times. LOL! My hands got tired and freezing, but it's worth it... =)
02-09-2015, 01:58 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Saw it & enjoyed it.
I'm normally not really a timelapse fan, but i could appreciate this one. I have not seen a lot like this. The clouds were great. Well worth your freezing hands!
Would love to see it on vimeo though. Youtube does not do it justice...

edit with the music was very nicely chosen btw..
02-09-2015, 04:33 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Very nicely done Richard - The haloing is a nice touch and separates the work from the 'look' of other time-lapse projects.

I'm more interested in your settings for the section with the dancers.

And +1 vote for Vimeo instead - Youtubes compression amplifies the banding far more then it should.