Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
10-01-2015, 05:16 PM   #61
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
Was this a paid gig?
No. It was my footage being shot for someone else as a gesture of friendship and I don't let crap go out with my name on it. I am also concerned about the health my camera.

Steve

10-01-2015, 05:38 PM   #62
Veteran Member

....I guarantee you that nobody will know what you're worried about because 100% of their pictures/videos are much worse than this.
Your guarantee isn't worth much, after all - we all noticed it here
10-01-2015, 09:37 PM - 1 Like   #63
Veteran Member

This, and other threads, is actually making me glad I haven't bought a K3,... and I know a retailer that still has some K5's in stock,..

In other news, Pentax Primes are Awesome on Sony A7s and Aja Cion cameras!
10-02-2015, 01:54 AM   #64
Veteran Member

It never happened to me when i was shooting "muted". In my most recent travel, i decided to shoot "natural" since i just wanted some clips & wasn't planning to do PP. It happened occasionally & the shots are ruined...
Bit ridiculous & shameful

10-02-2015, 04:17 AM   #65
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by richandfleur Quote
What type of deflection argument is that?
Videos saved with the focus peaking effect applied are essentially ruined. You don't think that warrants some effort to correct on pentaxs part?
What? You mean Pentax should fix bugs? Good luck with that. Not going to happen, sorry. They haven't fixed the DA 50mm 1.8 bug either, or have they?
10-02-2015, 06:59 AM   #66
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
Your guarantee isn't worth much, after all - we all noticed it here
Yeah, but we're picky and very into it all. Most folks will simply be delighted that someone got footage of grandma (or whoever), artifacts and all. That's their priority and is what they'll be looking for in the video.

---------- Post added 10-02-2015 at 09:02 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
No. It was my footage being shot for someone else as a gesture of friendship and I don't let crap go out with my name on it. I am also concerned about the health my camera.

Steve
I understand, but you did agree to shoot extended video with a still camera and it burned you. The simplest way to keep your reputation intact this time is to simply edit around the bad shots. Btw, I'm going to agree with some of the others. I'd guess it's a problem caused by overheating.
10-02-2015, 07:22 AM   #67
Veteran Member

I'd guess it's a problem caused by overheating.
no, can't be. I filmed some shots once & a while on my last travel. It just couldn't be overheated at that time.

btw, i believe the focus peaking is achieved by oversharpening the image. I oversharpened once in da vinci resolve & it had exactly the same effect.
Actually, now i wonder if desharpening is a way to return the footage to normal. I don't have a "infected" clip anymore. Maybe it's worth trying.
Just for the sake of knowing..

10-02-2015, 10:51 AM   #68
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kadajawi Quote
They haven't fixed the DA 50mm 1.8 bug either, or have they?
Which bug is this? Should I be concerned about my DA 50/1.8?

Steve
10-02-2015, 11:26 AM   #69
Veteran Member

if you don't feed it in time, it will eat the coating.
10-02-2015, 01:43 PM   #70
Veteran Member

Steve
If you have a K-5 or K-3 the aperture should change while focusing... there is a certain point at which it happens. Sometimes the camera will say so, usually not. Only happens when in video mode (IIRC). Always when not recording, sometimes when recording. Tried it with several cameras and several 50 1.8. Other cameras and lenses aren't affected. I reported it here, on the Pentax America forum, and my Pentax dealer said he would contact Pentax too... no response as far as I know.
10-04-2015, 12:20 PM   #71
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kadajawi Quote
If you have a K-5 or K-3 the aperture should change while focusing... there is a certain point at which it happens. Sometimes the camera will say so, usually not. Only happens when in video mode (IIRC). Always when not recording, sometimes when recording. Tried it with several cameras and several 50 1.8. Other cameras and lenses aren't affected. I reported it here, on the Pentax America forum, and my Pentax dealer said he would contact Pentax too... no response as far as I know.
Well, that is very strange. I just slipped mine onto the K-3 and sure enough, it does change the aperture slightly at certain focus points. Strange. There are contacts on the focus mechanism inside the lens that provide information back to the body as to the focus distance. Why a change in that data should trigger a change on a fixed aperture lens is anyone's guess.

Steve