Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-06-2015, 08:10 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cherry Blossom Timelapse

A short timelapse I made with my k-30 and A28mm f/2.8 at the D.C. Cherry Blossoms this spring.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Imp; 08-06-2015 at 09:14 AM.
08-06-2015, 09:22 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
it is interesting. When was this? Spring in DC I guess. I would like that as a caption to ground it.
08-06-2015, 11:25 AM   #3
Imp
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
it is interesting. When was this? Spring in DC I guess. I would like that as a caption to ground it.
The title picture says Cherry Blossoms Spring 2015. Is that what you mean?

Last edited by Imp; 08-06-2015 at 01:00 PM.
08-14-2015, 09:53 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
sorry, I viewed it on my phone and that must have appeared as I rotated the phone. It's small on this.

08-15-2015, 02:56 AM   #5
Imp
Pentaxian

Original Poster
okay, good to hear.
08-25-2015, 09:32 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Youtubes compression is killing it, but it looks pretty - maybe the black level in the output is set a bit high?
08-26-2015, 04:03 AM   #7
Imp
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PiDicus Rex Quote
maybe the black level in the output is set a bit high?
so lower the blacks? I've edited in Raw and exported into premiere pro... so i could re-edit, but that would take FOREVER. Could i set that in premiere pro?

08-26-2015, 08:06 PM   #8
Veteran Member

You mean, you shot to DNG, then complied those in to an image sequence in PremPro ?

Open a new sequence in Prem, then drag the original sequence with the images in it from the clip bin on to the timeline of the new sequence, where it will appear as a clip matching the duration of the In to Out points in the original sequence.
You should now be able to apply colour corrections to the whole of the vision, rather then applying it to each image individually.
08-27-2015, 02:59 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Thought I'd add some comments that may be of interest, or may help others reading this...

Not sure of the workflow to achieve this, but I edit all the photos in Lightroom, correcting everything required on one, and syncing those changes to all the photos.
Then I resize these down to match the video size required in Premiere. This takes the resizing load off premiere, rather than bringing in hundreds of 16MP still images.

When loading these into Premiere, tick the box 'image sequence' and Premiere will load all your photos in as one clip.
You set the behaviour of this in the settings elsewhere, to dictate what framerate Premiere builds the clip at.

Adobe instructions for this:
Import images as an image sequence
You can import an animation contained in a single file, such as an animated GIF. You can also import a sequence of still-image files, such as a TIFF sequence, and automatically combine them into a single video clip; each still image becomes one frame of video. Importing a sequence is useful for animations exported as an image sequence by applications like After Effects. The images in the series cannot include layers. For information on layers and flattening, see the application’s documentation.

1. Set the framerate for the still-image sequence. Select Edit > Preferences > Media (Windows), or Premiere Pro> Preferences > Media. Then, select a framerate from the Indeterminate Media Timebase menu. Click OK.

2. Make sure that each still-image filename contains an equal number of digits at the end and has the correct file extension—for example, file000.bmp, file001.bmp, and so forth.

3. Choose File > Import.

4. Locate and select the first numbered file in the sequence, select Image Sequence, and click Open (Windows) or Import (Mac OS). When Image Sequence is selected, Premiere Pro interprets each of the numbered files as a single frame in a video clip.

Sometimes I'll resize to larger or wider than the Premiere timeline, as this allows a digital pan or tilt to be applied as the timelapse slideshow is playing, giving movement that wasn't there at the time of capture.
The starry night-time scene with the house in this video is an example of that technique.

Here's my Cherry Blossom vid by the way, taken soon after I got my K-30