Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-18-2015, 02:02 AM - 3 Likes   #1

Time-Lapse with K5-IIs

I just made new time-lapse video.
What do you think of this? Music choise is okey?
Lenses that I used was Pentax 14mm F2.8 and Samyang 10mm F3.1 T-stop.
I discovered that maximum aperture for flicker free time-lapse is F4.5, this is for Pentax 14mm.
Becouse Samyang is manual lens You can use whatever aperture You want.

To bad that when I photographed the Aurora lights the intervalometer went crazy. So, this clip is shaky. But next time I know what to do

Time-Lapse, Estonian Nature, Best Of | Nature photography by Urmo Parts

Last edited by UrmoP; 10-18-2015 at 02:49 AM.
10-18-2015, 02:55 AM   #2
Pentaxian

waiting.....waiting...............waiting................................waiting......................................gave up.

You have a YouTube version perhaps?
10-18-2015, 03:06 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

First rate time lapse and well edited to the sound track. More please.
10-18-2015, 03:54 AM   #4

Beautiful and well matched to the music. I was surprised to see nordic lights - at least to that extent. I live in Denmark and just didn't consider Estonia to be that much further north.

OK, praise is good for your ego but not very helpful, so here comes some criticism: I think you could make a better transition from scene one to two - there is no obvious link from the wide open field to the forrest. Also, I have some problems with transition from nordic lights to sunset. I was a bit like "what now? Is this another day beginning or ...? By chance I was listening to Mercury Rev's latest album - the make some music which would fit too.

But nice, and makes me consider a bike trip around the Baltic Sea (a boat from Stockholm to Finland would make that a very realistic cycling tour)

Tell Steve he have to click on the big white triangle! :-)

10-18-2015, 05:18 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by H. Sapiens Quote
Beautiful and well matched to the music. I was surprised to see nordic lights - at least to that extent. I live in Denmark and just didn't consider Estonia to be that much further north.

OK, praise is good for your ego but not very helpful, so here comes some criticism: I think you could make a better transition from scene one to two - there is no obvious link from the wide open field to the forrest. Also, I have some problems with transition from nordic lights to sunset. I was a bit like "what now? Is this another day beginning or ...? By chance I was listening to Mercury Rev's latest album - the make some music which would fit too.

But nice, and makes me consider a bike trip around the Baltic Sea (a boat from Stockholm to Finland would make that a very realistic cycling tour)

Tell Steve he have to click on the big white triangle! :-)

Hi H.Sapiens
Thanks for Your criticism. Yep here is quite often northern lights. Mostly just a glow, but couple times just like in northern Norway This is just unreal to see.
Today I captured some fog in the forest, will see later this day, is it better transition from scene one to two.
About northern lights to sunset. I have no excuses why I did that. I guess I was too ecstatic about this time-lapse video. I change it later also.

Bike trip would be nice in Baltics. if you decide to come check out this page Search options | Loodusega koos RMK
RMK have app also to navigate. I use it a lot. definitely recommend to visit bogs.
If you decide to camp then do not leave food around. This summer couple times bears visited campsites.

Urmo.

---------- Post added 10-18-15 at 03:24 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
waiting.....waiting...............waiting................................waiting......................................gave up.

You have a YouTube version perhaps?
I will upload this video on youtube this evening.

Last edited by UrmoP; 10-18-2015 at 05:32 AM.
10-18-2015, 06:03 AM   #6
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
One word brilliant
How do you go about doing a timelapse
Neil
10-18-2015, 08:10 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Breathtaking. I know nothing about this type of work and so am in awe of your skills. It has given me some ideas though. Thank you, for a beautiful glimpse of your County!
10-18-2015, 02:37 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Really liked it, thanks for posting, (no problem uploading).

10-18-2015, 03:00 PM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UrmoP Quote

I will upload this video on youtube this evening.
Plays fine this morning here now. Must have been network congestion when I tried last evening.
10-19-2015, 12:04 PM   #10

Original Poster
So, I made some changes. Let me know what to You think.
Link in first post.

---------- Post added 10-19-15 at 10:08 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by gtis Quote
One word brilliant
How do you go about doing a timelapse
Neil
Hi Neil,
My English is not that good to explain, sorry. But You can find tutorials in youtube.
10-27-2015, 08:10 PM   #11
Pentaxian

To bad that when I photographed the Aurora lights the intervalometer went crazy. So, this clip is shaky. But next time I know what to do
Looked lovely just the way it is, well done.
01-07-2016, 12:28 PM   #12

I just made new time-lapse video.
What do you think of this? Music choise is okey?
Lenses that I used was Pentax 14mm F2.8 and Samyang 10mm F3.1 T-stop.
I discovered that maximum aperture for flicker free time-lapse is F4.5, this is for Pentax 14mm.
Becouse Samyang is manual lens You can use whatever aperture You want.

Time-Lapse, Estonian Nature, Best Of | Nature photography by Urmo Parts
Very nice work! I enjoyed the music and think it went along with the video. I have the same camera K5-IIs having any problems over heating and shutting down?

I would like to give it try, are there any helpful hints or suggestions you can give? I also do outdoor and weather related photography and going to try video,

and time lapse. Do you pull stills from your videos? Please post more of your work and really enjoyed!

Thanks

Brian
01-10-2016, 11:57 AM - 1 Like   #13

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Storm Chaser Quote
Very nice work! I enjoyed the music and think it went along with the video. I have the same camera K5-IIs having any problems over heating and shutting down?

I would like to give it try, are there any helpful hints or suggestions you can give? I also do outdoor and weather related photography and going to try video,

and time lapse. Do you pull stills from your videos? Please post more of your work and really enjoyed!

Thanks

Brian
Hi Brian,

Sorry for not answering sooner. I enjoyed the winter that has finally arrived.
No problems with k5iis. Great camera. I have had some issues with K3ii. But have not yet found a solution.
If You want to make time lapse video, then You need Intervalometer, from ebay You can buy it for about 10-15
You have to make sure that You turn of all image-correction tools like highlite correction, noise reduction etc. Also You have to shoose color temperature, it can`t be Auto. And of course Manual mode.
I recommend LRTimelapse.com and Adobe Lightroom for proces pictures.
I saved it as user mode. Much easier to use next time You shoot time-lapse pictures.
I haven`t made videos. This video has been put together in series of images.
I do not know how to edit video Still learning.

Urmo.
01-17-2016, 01:41 PM   #14

Hi Brian,

Sorry for not answering sooner. I enjoyed the winter that has finally arrived.
No problems with k5iis. Great camera. I have had some issues with K3ii. But have not yet found a solution.
If You want to make time lapse video, then You need Intervalometer, from ebay You can buy it for about 10-15
You have to make sure that You turn of all image-correction tools like highlite correction, noise reduction etc. Also You have to shoose color temperature, it can`t be Auto. And of course Manual mode.
I recommend LRTimelapse.com and Adobe Lightroom for proces pictures.
I saved it as user mode. Much easier to use next time You shoot time-lapse pictures.
I haven`t made videos. This video has been put together in series of images.
I do not know how to edit video Still learning.

Urmo.
Urmo, thank you for the great information and looking forward to giving it a shot, your website has alot of great images and parallels my photography interests.
Will try and compile a clip of a supercell structure this spring, lots of practice till then.

Thanks Again

Brian