Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-18-2015, 02:02 AM - 3 Likes   #1
Junior Member
UrmoP's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Estonia, Tallinn
Posts: 39
Time-Lapse with K5-IIs

I just made new time-lapse video.
What do you think of this? Music choise is okey?
Lenses that I used was Pentax 14mm F2.8 and Samyang 10mm F3.1 T-stop.
I discovered that maximum aperture for flicker free time-lapse is F4.5, this is for Pentax 14mm.
Becouse Samyang is manual lens You can use whatever aperture You want.

To bad that when I photographed the Aurora lights the intervalometer went crazy. So, this clip is shaky. But next time I know what to do

Time-Lapse, Estonian Nature, Best Of | Nature photography by Urmo Parts


Last edited by UrmoP; 10-18-2015 at 02:49 AM.
10-18-2015, 02:55 AM   #2
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Far North Qld
Posts: 3,301
waiting.....waiting...............waiting................................waiting......................................gave up.

You have a YouTube version perhaps?
10-18-2015, 03:06 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
johnhilvert's Avatar

Join Date: May 2015
Location: Canberra, ACT
Posts: 230
First rate time lapse and well edited to the sound track. More please.
10-18-2015, 03:54 AM   #4
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 182
Beautiful and well matched to the music. I was surprised to see nordic lights - at least to that extent. I live in Denmark and just didn't consider Estonia to be that much further north.

OK, praise is good for your ego but not very helpful, so here comes some criticism: I think you could make a better transition from scene one to two - there is no obvious link from the wide open field to the forrest. Also, I have some problems with transition from nordic lights to sunset. I was a bit like "what now? Is this another day beginning or ...? By chance I was listening to Mercury Rev's latest album - the make some music which would fit too.

But nice, and makes me consider a bike trip around the Baltic Sea (a boat from Stockholm to Finland would make that a very realistic cycling tour)

Tell Steve he have to click on the big white triangle! :-)

10-18-2015, 05:18 AM   #5
Junior Member
UrmoP's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Estonia, Tallinn
Posts: 39
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by H. Sapiens Quote
Beautiful and well matched to the music. I was surprised to see nordic lights - at least to that extent. I live in Denmark and just didn't consider Estonia to be that much further north.

OK, praise is good for your ego but not very helpful, so here comes some criticism: I think you could make a better transition from scene one to two - there is no obvious link from the wide open field to the forrest. Also, I have some problems with transition from nordic lights to sunset. I was a bit like "what now? Is this another day beginning or ...? By chance I was listening to Mercury Rev's latest album - the make some music which would fit too.

But nice, and makes me consider a bike trip around the Baltic Sea (a boat from Stockholm to Finland would make that a very realistic cycling tour)

Tell Steve he have to click on the big white triangle! :-)

Hi H.Sapiens
Thanks for Your criticism. Yep here is quite often northern lights. Mostly just a glow, but couple times just like in northern Norway This is just unreal to see.
Today I captured some fog in the forest, will see later this day, is it better transition from scene one to two.
About northern lights to sunset. I have no excuses why I did that. I guess I was too ecstatic about this time-lapse video. I change it later also.


Bike trip would be nice in Baltics. if you decide to come check out this page Search options | Loodusega koos RMK
RMK have app also to navigate. I use it a lot. definitely recommend to visit bogs.
If you decide to camp then do not leave food around. This summer couple times bears visited campsites.


Urmo.



---------- Post added 10-18-15 at 03:24 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
waiting.....waiting...............waiting................................waiting......................................gave up.

You have a YouTube version perhaps?
I will upload this video on youtube this evening.


Last edited by UrmoP; 10-18-2015 at 05:32 AM.
10-18-2015, 06:03 AM   #6
Forum Member
gtis's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: south yorkshire
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 85
One word brilliant
How do you go about doing a timelapse
Neil
10-18-2015, 08:10 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
chemtech's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Kansas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 509
Breathtaking. I know nothing about this type of work and so am in awe of your skills. It has given me some ideas though. Thank you, for a beautiful glimpse of your County!
10-18-2015, 02:37 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
ronniemac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Oxford
Photos: Albums
Posts: 174
Really liked it, thanks for posting, (no problem uploading).

10-18-2015, 03:00 PM   #9
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Far North Qld
Posts: 3,301
QuoteOriginally posted by UrmoP Quote

I will upload this video on youtube this evening.
Plays fine this morning here now. Must have been network congestion when I tried last evening.
10-19-2015, 12:04 PM   #10
Junior Member
UrmoP's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Estonia, Tallinn
Posts: 39
Original Poster
So, I made some changes. Let me know what to You think.
Link in first post.

---------- Post added 10-19-15 at 10:08 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by gtis Quote
One word brilliant
How do you go about doing a timelapse
Neil
Hi Neil,
My English is not that good to explain, sorry. But You can find tutorials in youtube.
10-27-2015, 08:10 PM   #11
Pentaxian
PiDicus Rex's Avatar

Join Date: May 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,186
QuoteOriginally posted by UrmoP Quote
To bad that when I photographed the Aurora lights the intervalometer went crazy. So, this clip is shaky. But next time I know what to do
Looked lovely just the way it is, well done.
01-07-2016, 12:28 PM   #12
Senior Member




Join Date: Sep 2014
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 155
QuoteOriginally posted by UrmoP Quote
I just made new time-lapse video.
What do you think of this? Music choise is okey?
Lenses that I used was Pentax 14mm F2.8 and Samyang 10mm F3.1 T-stop.
I discovered that maximum aperture for flicker free time-lapse is F4.5, this is for Pentax 14mm.
Becouse Samyang is manual lens You can use whatever aperture You want.

To bad that when I photographed the Aurora lights the intervalometer went crazy. So, this clip is shaky. But next time I know what to do

Time-Lapse, Estonian Nature, Best Of | Nature photography by Urmo Parts
Very nice work! I enjoyed the music and think it went along with the video. I have the same camera K5-IIs having any problems over heating and shutting down?

I would like to give it try, are there any helpful hints or suggestions you can give? I also do outdoor and weather related photography and going to try video,

and time lapse. Do you pull stills from your videos? Please post more of your work and really enjoyed!

Thanks

Brian
01-10-2016, 11:57 AM - 1 Like   #13
Junior Member
UrmoP's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Estonia, Tallinn
Posts: 39
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Storm Chaser Quote
Very nice work! I enjoyed the music and think it went along with the video. I have the same camera K5-IIs having any problems over heating and shutting down?

I would like to give it try, are there any helpful hints or suggestions you can give? I also do outdoor and weather related photography and going to try video,

and time lapse. Do you pull stills from your videos? Please post more of your work and really enjoyed!

Thanks

Brian
Hi Brian,

Sorry for not answering sooner. I enjoyed the winter that has finally arrived.
No problems with k5iis. Great camera. I have had some issues with K3ii. But have not yet found a solution.
If You want to make time lapse video, then You need Intervalometer, from ebay You can buy it for about 10-15
You have to make sure that You turn of all image-correction tools like highlite correction, noise reduction etc. Also You have to shoose color temperature, it can`t be Auto. And of course Manual mode.
I recommend LRTimelapse.com and Adobe Lightroom for proces pictures.
I saved it as user mode. Much easier to use next time You shoot time-lapse pictures.
I haven`t made videos. This video has been put together in series of images.
I do not know how to edit video Still learning.

Urmo.
01-17-2016, 01:41 PM   #14
Senior Member




Join Date: Sep 2014
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 155
QuoteOriginally posted by UrmoP Quote
Hi Brian,

Sorry for not answering sooner. I enjoyed the winter that has finally arrived.
No problems with k5iis. Great camera. I have had some issues with K3ii. But have not yet found a solution.
If You want to make time lapse video, then You need Intervalometer, from ebay You can buy it for about 10-15
You have to make sure that You turn of all image-correction tools like highlite correction, noise reduction etc. Also You have to shoose color temperature, it can`t be Auto. And of course Manual mode.
I recommend LRTimelapse.com and Adobe Lightroom for proces pictures.
I saved it as user mode. Much easier to use next time You shoot time-lapse pictures.
I haven`t made videos. This video has been put together in series of images.
I do not know how to edit video Still learning.

Urmo.
Urmo, thank you for the great information and looking forward to giving it a shot, your website has alot of great images and parallels my photography interests.
Will try and compile a clip of a supercell structure this spring, lots of practice till then.

Thanks Again

Brian
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
14mm, aperture, couple, criticism, day, hdslr, lights, nature, neil, pentax, pm, post, samyang, scene, time-lapse, transition, trip, upload, version, video, youtube
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Time-lapse and hyper-lapse using K-3 alasseon Pentax K-3 4 06-14-2015 03:38 AM
DC time-lapse short (and hyper-lapse) using the Pentax K-3 alteredcarbon Pentax K-3 7 05-18-2015 08:04 PM
Time Lapse K5-II DRabbit Video and Pentax HDSLRs 3 11-19-2013 10:40 PM
K5 Time lapse sequence from our blizzard jake14mw Pentax K-5 14 02-14-2013 09:48 PM
Time Lapse of Milky Way by Pentax K5 kamayok3 Pentax K-5 16 06-29-2011 10:22 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:48 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top