Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-31-2015, 08:29 AM - 1 Like   #1

Time-Lapse short film from Estonian.

This video is last couple days project. What do You think of this video?

Time-Lapse, Winter Sneaks Closer | Nature photography by Urmo Parts

Happy holidays and better new year.

12-31-2015, 09:13 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Very pretty video. I especially liked the night scene, with the Northern Lights and all of the sky activity going on. The music worked well with the images, I think.

I remember Estonia to be a very pretty country, and very green; I once drove with friends from Tallinn to Parnu for a few day's vacation and then back again to return to Finland. I would go again some day given the chance.
12-31-2015, 09:40 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pres589 Quote
Very pretty video. I especially liked the night scene, with the Northern Lights and all of the sky activity going on. The music worked well with the images, I think.

I remember Estonia to be a very pretty country, and very green; I once drove with friends from Tallinn to Parnu for a few day's vacation and then back again to return to Finland. I would go again some day given the chance.
Thank You. Nice to hear that You have visited Estonia
I really like Kai Engel music.
Yep, here is lot of forest and bogs.
I did wont to make more night scenes, but weather turned cloudy.
Will see what next year bring

Urmo.
01-25-2016, 05:42 PM   #4
Forum Member

I really enjoy your work. I especially enjoy the bonfire. How did you do that time-lapse? What were your intervals? I found it interesting how the fire kept it's brilliance while the sky darkened from blue to dark blue to black. Good job.

What were your settings for the camera?
What was the intervals between shots?
Where did you find such great music?
What software do you use?

I am just starting to start time lapse and have tons of questions!

Thanks!
George

01-26-2016, 01:11 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by deckroid Quote
I really enjoy your work. I especially enjoy the bonfire. How did you do that time-lapse? What were your intervals? I found it interesting how the fire kept it's brilliance while the sky darkened from blue to dark blue to black. Good job.

What were your settings for the camera?
What was the intervals between shots?
Where did you find such great music?
What software do you use?

I am just starting to start time lapse and have tons of questions!

Thanks!
George
Hi George

First of all, sorry for my bad English.

Because I did not find any tutorials about Pentax and time-lapse videos. I figured it out by my self.

So my time-lapse settings in camera are these:
Use only manual mode and fixed ISO.
Turn off high light- and noise correction and shake reduction. Basicly you need to turn off all image correction tools.
You have to choose white balance. It canīt be auto. You need the images to have same tone.
All this I saved as USER mode. Then next time you do not have to do this manually again.

But if you turn off high light- and noise correction tools then you canīt use camera intervalometer. This option is closed. So I bought intervalometer from ebay, about 15€

This does not guarantee flicker free images.
To shoot flicker free images you need either manual lens or make some test shots with auto focus lens. I used Pentax 14mm f2.8. So I made about 30 pictures with 5 second interval, first with aperture 2.8 then playback to see if pictures are shaking, if not then next aperture and again playback. So with my lenses it is flicker free F4 or F4.5.
In Adobe AfterEffects there is option to eliminate flicker, but I have'nt test it jet.
But You can get better image quality if you use manual lenses. Then you can use all apertures available. I recommend Samyang/Rokinon.

About software.
I use LRTimelapse (LRTimelapse - Home). I use free version. With this you can edit max 400 pictures. But this program needs Adobe Lightroom. They work together. At LRTimelapse page there is tutorials how to edit pictures. You need good computer.
When these different scenes are ready then I put this video together in Adobe PremierPro with music I downloaded from web. I do not remember the addres, it is saved in my home computer. I will add it here tomorrow.
At LRTimelapse there is tutorials for day to night scenes also. I think you should watch these tutorials, I do not speak English that well to explaine yet.

Usually I use 5 second interval in my videos.
About music. I just used google to search free music for videos. But you have to give credit to composer in end titles.

If you have more questions feel free to ask

This is my facebook page. If you watch this video, then you see that trees are shaking. This is flicker. https://www.facebook.com/hetkedloodusest/videos

Urmo.
01-26-2016, 06:56 PM   #6
Forum Member

Tänan sind nii palju informatsiooni . Sinu Inglise keel on parem kui minu eesti .