Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-12-2016, 10:00 AM - 3 Likes   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Our Newest K3 Vide for GRAZIA Magazine

Actress Marie-Ange Casta sister of Laetitia Casta Shot for GRAZIA Magazine and all done with the K3 and Pentax DA* 200MM f/2.8 shot at 2.8

Last edited by Parallax; 03-15-2016 at 12:57 PM.
03-12-2016, 02:50 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Always enjoyable to see your work.

Just curious...as you are no doubt aware, there are lots of complaints, including from Pentax users, about the limitations of video on Pentax bodies. Do these not interfere with your work?
03-12-2016, 03:08 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sholtzma Quote

Just curious...as you are no doubt aware, there are lots of complaints, including from Pentax users, about the limitations of video on Pentax bodies. Do these not interfere with your work?
Our director videographer likes it.
03-13-2016, 04:43 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Great work. Did you do some color grading or did this come right out of the camera? Pentax just gets the color science thing right...

QuoteOriginally posted by sholtzma Quote

If I may... the limitations are in the codec and the limited bitrate of it. There's lots of shallow DoF in this video, which is easier to compress. Same goes to the lack of movement, which helps too. Another limitation is lack of shake reduction, but there's additional gear to help with that, such as tripods, shoulder rigs etc. I imagine this was shot on a decent video tripod, so that limitation goes away too. (This could have been shot handheld with a K-5 though, and would look just as good, maybe with a bit of movement, but nice movement).

Are your other videos on the YouTube channel also shot on a K-3?

I'd love to see people like norm shoot something like this on a camcorder. It's impossible.

03-13-2016, 03:19 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kadajawi Quote
Great work. Did you do some color grading or did this come right out of the camera? Pentax just gets the color science thing right...

If I may... the limitations are in the codec and the limited bitrate of it. There's lots of shallow DoF in this video, which is easier to compress. Same goes to the lack of movement, which helps too. Another limitation is lack of shake reduction, but there's additional gear to help with that, such as tripods, shoulder rigs etc. I imagine this was shot on a decent video tripod, so that limitation goes away too. (This could have been shot handheld with a K-5 though, and would look just as good, maybe with a bit of movement, but nice movement).

Are your other videos on the YouTube channel also shot on a K-3?

I'd love to see people like norm shoot something like this on a camcorder. It's impossible.
In chronological order, Kx, K-01, K5 and K3...
03-31-2016, 01:42 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I like this, it's the type of little ditty I like to make myself. Given you've got music over the final vid, any noise from sensor shake reduction wouldn't be an issue for you at all.

As it stands I'm incredibly irked by Pentax's refusal/decision to employ software 'Movie SR' for shake reduction over physical sensor shake reduction.
In this video, the background wobbles right from the start. You can see it top left of screen at 0:04s in, and then later buildings and trees in the background wobble too, as a consequence of either in camera software stabilisation, or the likes of warp stabilizer applied in post. These are simple things that could be addressed with sensor shake reduction.

Regardless though, congrats, another successful video.
04-06-2016, 08:52 AM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

Great vision, but bloody heck Ben, what's the MovieSR on for!

Yes, I saw it straight away too Richard.

QuoteOriginally posted by kadajawi Quote
Pentax just gets the color science thing right...
Yup, no arguments there!