Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
01-27-2017, 03:37 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Does anybody remember,....

..., How to lock the K-5's ISO etc in Video?

There's 2 still in the boxes at a local photoshop, and at AU$700, they have more appeal then any of the new models.

01-27-2017, 04:37 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/115-pentax-k-5/220726-k-5-manual-video-mode-workaround.html
01-27-2017, 04:52 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
You legend, I could not find it for the life on me...

Oooooo, that's pretty easy,... Methinks I'll be looking very closely at a K-5 for Handheld work.
01-27-2017, 09:06 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There are STILL K-5's new in box?

Wow.

Setting aside all the things that even loyal Pentaxians like to complain about when it comes to Pentax DSLR video, they are not bad cameras. I still refuse to replace my K-5 with another APS-C body, simply because I do not NEED the things a better APS-C body can give me. If I'm going to spend the money trading up, then given my substantial library of film-era glass, going full-frame makes more sense for me.

In fact it will be interesting to see how the KP's vaunted high-ISO performance works out, because if that's anything like worthwhile then it may be worth waiting for a second iteration of the K-1. Those custom modes on the new menu-selection dial are also tempting (I already know what I would use them for), and if they made an appearance on a second-generation full-frame then we would have a significantly more flexible camera.

My first suggestion to a new Pentaxian, or one moving up from a much older model on a budget, would almost always be a lightly used K-5 - but if you can get one completely new with warranty intact, and you have a B&M store to take it to if there are issues, why not go the extra mile?

01-27-2017, 02:49 PM - 2 Likes   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PiDicus Rex Quote
You legend, I could not find it for the life on me....
You're welcome.
And if you do pick up the K-5 (or is it the K-5ii/s ?) be sure to let me know just how noisy that mechanical SR is when recording video
01-29-2017, 08:23 PM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
You're welcome.
And if you do pick up the K-5 (or is it the K-5ii/s ?) be sure to let me know just how noisy that mechanical SR is when recording video
Likewise