Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 42 Likes Search this Thread
06-27-2017, 02:11 PM   #91
Veteran Member

I think I held that one in my hands and tried it out, and ergonomically it's a big step up from the GX80 (which trades in ergonomics for size). The rest should be pretty similar, though the G85 has a better viewfinder...? Not sure if that one has the Cinelike D style unlocked from scratch, or if it can be unlocked if not.

I've had the camera for more than a month now, and used it for photography and video. I like it a lot. It can't replace my Pentax in all situations, so I'll keep that one even if I buy the GX80, but most of my shooting would be done on that camera. For planned photoshoots I would use the K-5, but everything else...

06-27-2017, 08:03 PM   #92
Imp
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PiDicus Rex Quote
am looking at a G85 instead.
Sweet Sweet camera.

QuoteOriginally posted by PiDicus Rex Quote
The raised data rate of the KP should correct that, at least for ISO 100 to 3200, perhaps not for the upper two ISO settings now available in video mode
I saw the KP high ISO video samples on the homepage. It's better, looks great at high ISO, but the footage is still... not quite there, even at base ISOs.
Help me K-3 III, fix the video! You're my only hope!