Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-28-2017, 06:38 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Enrique S Toso Quote
Just got the sony FS5 + Shogun Inferno a month ago. I think is the best option in the 4k-7k price range. I mean....4k 120p raw in burst mode....4k 60p raw or ProRes. Cant be more happy, lol. I think is an amazing and bargain camera. Got a Novaflex adapter for my DA lenses too. Expensive but amazing choice.
<cough/Hack> Not!

Sorry, jokes, but also,.. I probably paid less then half the price of the FS5.

FS5 was my second choice, I took possession of a brand new Aja Cion a few weeks ago - actually in a break during shooting of a feature film I was Gaffer on, that was being shot on FS5 using Raw out to Shogun DNxHD with Zeiss Contax primes,...

Cion does DCI4K Raw 120fps Global Shutter, just add recording PC

Sure there are reviews that reign crap on the Cion, but if you stuck one on your shoulder, you know instantly how a camera is meant to work, un-matched ergonomics.
One of our user group has also figured out how to get the full dynamic range out, unlike the reviewers, and the Cion can easily match the colours of an Alexa, just not the dynamic range, but no camera can match the Alexa for range.

The truth these days is, there Are No Bad Cinema Cameras. There's just camera operators who need to learn to Light to match the camera.

Anyone reading this,... I'm going to be in the market for fast 6x7 primes in the new year for the Cion.

---------- Post added 29-12-17 at 12:44 AM ----------

Just on the original topic,.... I started this thread with a plan to produce some videos to show how to get the best out of Pentax bodies for video.

Beyond my high-point of finally getting my Cion, we've had a pretty horrid year at home, and it's affected all of the personal projects I had planned, putting multiple video and photographic shoots on hold, while we've looked after Mum with a cancer battle, siblings ending up injured, and the recent passing of one of our fur-babies.

Hopefully I'll get some of the already shot 'Pentax Cinematographer' videos edited and narrated in the new year, while my K-01's move to doing more Behind Scenes work while the Cion becomes my main camera with my SMC primes out front.

04-05-2018, 07:31 PM   #47
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Didn't you have some Pentax Cinematography Youtube vids on the way?

Keen to see what you've whipped up for this <thumbs up emoji>
04-07-2018, 01:41 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yes, I did, and shot some stuff too, but 2017 turned in to a pretty horrid year for personal and family events.

The footage is still here, and I'm starting to get life back in to order now.
04-07-2018, 02:47 AM - 1 Like   #49
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PiDicus Rex Quote
Yes, I did, and shot some stuff too, but 2017 turned in to a pretty horrid year for personal and family events.

The footage is still here, and I'm starting to get life back in to order now.
A) hope everything is ok on the home front.

B) looking forward to the eventual release.

Thinking of you. Do hope everything is ok and coming right now.