Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-20-2018, 09:37 PM   #1

K7 Video Issues with Adobe Premiere Pro

I saw some gorgeous video on YouTube shot on the K-7. I've had one but never shot video with it, so I gave it a shot.

First problem came with the 10 minute shut off, so to shoot a 50 minute performance, I had to be on the ready to restart it every ten minutes.

Now I'm trying to edit in the latest version of Premiere Pro, Windows 7, 64-bit, plenty of RAM and storage space. As soon as I imported the K-7 AVI files to Premiere Pro, I got the error message: File importer detected an inconsistency in the file structure of (file name). Reading and writing this file's metadata (XMP) has been disabled. It applies to all files from the K-7.

As I continued editing, the K-7 files don't sync with my other files from my Nikon D800 and cell phone. A previous shoot with the D800 and cell phone synced fine and came out great, so I'm certain the problem is the K-7 files.

I tried re-encoding the K-7 AVI files using Adobe Encoder and Handbrake. Handbrake got rid of the error message, but it still won't give me audio sync.

Anyone got a solution?

05-20-2018, 10:45 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nighthawkjw Quote

I tried re-encoding the K-7 AVI files using Adobe Encoder and Handbrake. Handbrake got rid of the error message, but it still won't give me audio sync.

Anyone got a solution?
Can you hear good audio coming through, Nighthawk?

If not, you can line up the audio waves and align them on a known visual cue ... you'd only have to do this once for each file.
05-21-2018, 12:20 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Is the audio issue that it doesn’t sync with its own K-7 video, or is it that it’s running faster/slower than the other camera video files you have from the same day, or something else?
05-21-2018, 04:56 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

On top of what's said above,.... how old is your version or Prem Pro?

Premiere was notorious for sync drift over long sections of video, for many years and many versions of the software.

I'd expect there to be a difference in the frame rate of the cameras, but if they're all identical, I wouldn't expect the audio to drift within the camera.

05-23-2018, 09:53 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Can you hear good audio coming through, Nighthawk?

If not, you can line up the audio waves and align them on a known visual cue ... you'd only have to do this once for each file.
Yes, that is how I am currently editing. It is tedious!

---------- Post added 05-23-2018 at 01:25 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by richandfleur Quote
Is the audio issue that it doesn’t sync with its own K-7 video, or is it that it’s running faster/slower than the other camera video files you have from the same day, or something else?
Audio is fine. I believe it has to do with either the timecode format, or metadata.

---------- Post added 05-23-2018 at 01:27 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by PiDicus Rex Quote
On top of what's said above,.... how old is your version or Prem Pro?

Premiere was notorious for sync drift over long sections of video, for many years and many versions of the software.

I'd expect there to be a difference in the frame rate of the cameras, but if they're all identical, I wouldn't expect the audio to drift within the camera.
It is Premiere Pro CC v12.01, build 69 -- the latest as far as I know.

All footage, all cameras are720p, 30fps.
07-06-2018, 01:26 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Have you tried a different NLE ?
DaVinci Resolve or Edius, especially Edius for best performance with alternate types of cameras and file types on one timeline.