Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-14-2018, 10:34 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PiDicus Rex Quote
I'll have to check their website again, but pretty sure the internal PCI card version had a 4K variant.
That's not overly practical if one a desktop PC needs to be nearby as the external recorder. I would hope for a recorder box. Maybe one that records to a hot pluggable SATA SSD instead of SD card.

I'm trying to move away from using a PC for audio recording so I can remove the snake cable between my home office and computer. And not need to turn on the PC when playing / recording.
Getting this bad boy tomorrow :
DA-3000 | OVERVIEW | TASCAM

Should fit in a rack underneath my grand piano, and completely silent. Though that will depend more on how well the rack is built and vibrations when playing the instrument than noise originating from the recording device itself.
PCs as external audio or video recorders could not completely be noise-free, IMO.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
300mm, camcorder, da*, da* 300mm, focus, hdslr, input, ir, lenses, pentax, pentax glass, release, shutter, sony, video