Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 24 Likes Search this Thread
02-27-2019, 04:28 PM - 1 Like   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
If I will buy BMPCC 4K one day
Given the earlier statement about upgrading the m4/3 kit you already had, the new 4K Pocket Cam would be a very easy choice.
Especially as you'll be able to retain lenses, adapters, focal reducers,.... KM/KA glass works rather nice in from to GH's

I updated from my K-01's to the AJA Cion, making E and m4/3 mounts for it, to adapt nearly any lens to it. It uses the same 4K sensor as the BMPC4K and 4K Ursa's. Matching footage between Cion and BMD's is super easy, as is matching BMD cameras to other brands.

If you try Resolve again, check out the 'OpenFX Colourspace Transform' - I don't know if other NLE's like FCPx include this sort of tool, but it allows you to take footage from a camera, set the input gamma (aka 'log' ) curves to match the camera shot on, and output the gamma of the camera you need to match.

So that BMD Pocket Cam 4K, will be able to match Cion, Red, Arri, Canon,... etc etc etc

03-19-2019, 10:11 PM   #32
Site Supporter

Vegas Pro for me.
04-24-2019, 09:35 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by PiDicus Rex Quote
DaVinci Resolve.
Does Resolve handle 4k 10bit video or is that for the paid version?
04-24-2019, 11:19 AM - 2 Likes   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Update! I bought Final cut. Reason. It has been designed for Mac. Works like charm. If I will buy BMPCC 4K one day I still have a option of resolve for free, but full licence.

this was just 5 minute work. Nothing fancy, but trying my new tripod out with Kinohead. Shot with K-1 + DFA*70-200. Just having fun, no planned script.

Given the responses here, you'd be surprised how many others I know that went through the same process with the same result. I'm not going to comment, because I don't edit video anymore. But Final Cut Pro is one of those pieces of software people buy Macs for. But you really do have to go for top end specs. Video uses resources.

The problem with Premier recommendations on an open forum, is the number of people who will recommend Premier just because they hate Macs and nothing Apple does could ever be any good under any circumstances.

You'd think they'd just declare their bias and recuse themselves from deliberations.

04-24-2019, 02:19 PM - 1 Like   #35
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Given the responses here, you'd be surprised how many others I know that went through the same process with the same result. I'm not going to comment, because I don't edit video anymore. But Final Cut Pro is one of those pieces of software people buy Macs for. But you really do have to go for top end specs. Video uses resources.

The problem with Premier recommendations on an open forum, is the number of people who will recommend Premier just because they hate Macs and nothing Apple does could ever be any good under any circumstances.

You'd think they'd just declare their bias and recuse themselves from deliberations.
I have been using Final cut now and it sure is good. Even with my non existing skills in editing video(will take a good youtube learning session soon). The thing is that nothing is perfect, but if it works and you like it -as I do like my mc and Pentax- then just do as you like. Finl cut pro seems like nobrainer for Mac. I can see it now. Shooting video is another thing. Lot to learn about shooting, planning, getting the shot you wanted, and alternative just in case. Sound...well I will not go there in this post. When I have mastered those things, I will look for better videocamera.
04-25-2019, 09:29 AM - 1 Like   #36

Photos: Gallery
... Even with my non existing skills in editing video(will take a good youtube learning session soon)...
repaap, you may want to look at www.udemy.com and search for video courses. They have a few for learning video with DSLR's as well as other general video planning/shooting/editing topics. The courses are reasonably priced at about $15 on sale (some even for free). As you mention there are also others on YouTube as well.
04-25-2019, 12:13 PM - 1 Like   #37
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by R. Wethereyet Quote
repaap, you may want to look at www.udemy.com and search for video courses. They have a few for learning video with DSLR's as well as other general video planning/shooting/editing topics. The courses are reasonably priced at about $15 on sale (some even for free). As you mention there are also others on YouTube as well.
Thanks for the tip!

04-28-2019, 07:44 PM - 2 Likes   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
Does Resolve handle 4k 10bit video or is that for the paid version?
As far as I'm aware, there are no artificial limits to file size, frame rate, or bit depth, with either version of Resolve.
I've used it to handle the 12-bit 4K proRes files my AJA Cion records.

---------- Post added 29-04-19 at 12:52 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
:lolz,.... the Premiere lovers league will diss anything that's not Premiere - regardless of platform. Wait till you see a Prem editors face when they try to use Edius and can't understand a broadcast NLE,.. or their jaw hitting the floor when they watch an Edius Editor blow through an edit in 15 minutes that would have taken most of the day under Premiere.

But they'll still tell you Prem is a better program then Edius, Vegas, Avid, FCP, FCPx, Resolve,... Right up until the day they can't sign in and do work, and search for blame in the IT dept while Adobe's CC is down.

For mine, one of the key factors when choosing an NLE is, 'Does it need to be connected to the internet to function?'. If the answer is 'yes', then I'm not interested.
That's the reason I swapped to Resolve after close to 20 years on Edius.