Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
06-17-2020, 06:45 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jlstrawman Quote
Save some money:

https://www.long-mcquade.com/128920/Pro-Audio---Recording/Multi-track-Record...-Interface.htm

Difference between the two, beyond the price is the microphones. 07x is unidirectional, 05x is omnidirectional. For what you are wanting to record you
wouldn't notice a difference. I have used the original DR-05 for years, and its record quality is great.
I just ordered a Zoom H4n from them. It's on a good sale, and a cheery red. Definitely eyed the DR-05X for a while, but I'm rarely sad to buy a slightly nicer piece of gear to start, so figured the H4n would be a good piece of kit.

06-17-2020, 07:50 AM - 1 Like   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Let us know how it works. Sounds like a good solution.
06-18-2020, 05:50 AM   #18
Veteran Member

For the Add-On recorder, another vote for a Tascam, but the DR-70D.
It has four channels, that can be switched for it's on-board mics to external sources, or 'dual recording' where two channels are relay recorded on to the second two, so you can record each at different levels.
The internal Mic's are more then sufficient for most uses out in the wild (not performer dialog - that needs a lapel or boom mic) and it also has a mic/line level switchable output - set to 'Cam' (mic level) it can be fed direct in to the K-3 with a short cable, bypassing the cameras mics.

No DSLR or Mirrorless from Any brand has good enough audio to rely on the internal Mic, or even the external input for professional uses.
06-19-2020, 08:38 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
First attempt at recording. No coyotes, but 1 million frogs!

I have no idea what I'm doing, but having fun. I can see how people get into this. The H4n will be a great companion to the K3 for some video projects I get pulled into.

Field Frogs 2 by Rob Young | Free Listening on SoundCloud