Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-20-2009, 10:50 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The K-7 Video Thread (Dare I say Video Club?)

Hello, I haven't seen anything like this yet so I thought I'd try to start one (feel free to move this moderators if I'm in the wrong forum).

Now I know we already have a thread going in the news forum talking about the quality of K-7 video, but I wanted to start a thread where people can post links to their favorite videos that they see posted on Youtube or Vimeo or the like. It also can be a place for people to show their own video projects that they have done, without having to start an entire thread for it.

I, for example, saw this video today on Vimeo from someone testing the K-7 for Pentax France, which I liked a lot.

Sort of a "moving portraits" concept that I may just have to steal (errr...let influence me). Of course, I may just like it because he used Satie for the music. Here's another from him. He is a braver soul than I:

Still in France! Props to the image quality and to the actress:

Another video that inspires me to do more with the video function was this video from Pentaxforums' very own Soccerjoe5 seen here and in another thread:

I have no idea who kyo4890x115 is on YouTube, but he's already done some pretty good videos like this:

YouTube - Pentax K7 Test Video,Anping Tree House,Tainan City in Taiwan

Continuing our travels, how about K-7 on a Mountain:

YouTube - 2009.08.07 Punta S.Matteo 3678 m s.l.m.

K-7 at the Korean aquarium?

YouTube - Coex Aquarium in Seoul, Korea

Discussing K-7 video with friends?

YouTube - K7 Barberino

K-7 Fisheye on a bike

YouTube - "Fish & Bike" Pentax K-7 and DA 10-17 Video

K-7 in beautiful Okinawa

YouTube - Aka Island Okinawa

I think that's enough for now. Please contribute some of your favorites or your own projects!

08-20-2009, 01:00 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Here's a few of my recent dabbles into the realm of video...

A wading bird. I had a hard time keeping up with him, panning with my ball head, and manually focusing while trying not to move and frighten him away, in the end, I had panned too far to see the viewfinder any longer, and when I took a step, this guy departed.

More clips available here...
08-20-2009, 02:10 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Cool. What kind of bird is that?
08-20-2009, 02:28 PM   #4
Banned

Thanks for the K-7 video links, some of them I have not seen and are really great.

http://vimeo.com/user531575/videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/jogibajr

Last edited by jogiba; 08-20-2009 at 07:31 PM.
08-20-2009, 02:35 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Urkeldaedalus Quote
Cool. What kind of bird is that?
I believe it's a Greater Yellowlegs.
08-20-2009, 04:07 PM   #6
Inactive Account

that's my 3rd video with k-7(counting all clips, including the one in store before buying ) so don't expect anything more than a simple test
08-20-2009, 04:39 PM   #7

This is my offsider's youtube channel - all the newer stuff there is shot with his new K7.

YouTube - NuZiNo's Channel

He's just starting out so there's a bit of junk - excuse the McMillan.

Also, all these were shot with a very cheap and slow card, so he was butting up against the buffer after about 1 min of video.

He picked up a Sandisk Ultra II 32GB last night and now he can record a full 9:36 at 720p all stars.

So expect some longer vids soon.

Again, my apologies for the content, but you can see a K7 used for less artistic more "fun" handycam type shoots.

08-20-2009, 08:31 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Some nice videos thanks. They really showcase the HD quailty of the K7's videos.

Just one question: How do you K7 owners view your own videos on your computer? When I view mine in Windows Media Player they look no better than video taken by my old 4MP Optio 43WR - and what is worse is the video lags behind the sound. In 'ACDSee for Pentax' the video and sound are synchronised but once again the video is not in HD.
08-20-2009, 10:26 PM   #9

Your PC isn't fast enough to play the high bitrate MJPEG.

Recompress and try again.

As much as I hate the program, Quicktime Pro does an excellent job of converting the video to h.264
08-21-2009, 12:04 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Spock Quote
Some nice videos thanks. They really showcase the HD quailty of the K7's videos.

Just one question: How do you K7 owners view your own videos on your computer? When I view mine in Windows Media Player they look no better than video taken by my old 4MP Optio 43WR - and what is worse is the video lags behind the sound. In 'ACDSee for Pentax' the video and sound are synchronised but once again the video is not in HD.
I use my mac's finder, I just press the space bar and it plays
08-21-2009, 08:18 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Here's mine:

YouTube - Solution - The Joe Public
08-21-2009, 08:49 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Here's someone who shot a video of a dragonfly with a A* 200 mm macro lens.

I've been curious to see some videos like this shot with some of the expensive exotic lenses like this macro and the A* 135 f/1.8. Actually, I hope nobody ever does a video with the A* 135, as that will just make me want to buy it more
08-23-2009, 02:31 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
This has been up for awhile by the looks of it but I haven't seen it, yet, and I liked it a lot.

08-23-2009, 12:02 PM   #14
Veteran Member

I'm going to another trip with some friends, this time to one of the northern-most provinces in the Philippines where we've got the most amazing beaches, waterfalls, mountains and rainforests. After being so happy with my Cambodia video (thanks Urkeldaedalus, Hin, and Mark Dimo for featuring/blogging about it), I hope to be able to come up with another video for this trip. Let's see what happens

Diego
08-24-2009, 10:59 AM   #15
Forum Member

In vimeo you can always type in a search Pentax K7 and it will pull up any video that has been noted as shot on a K-7. There are even a couple of brave souls who made videos using the k20d!

Speaking of vimeo, would anyone be interested in starting a K-7 video group on that site?