Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2009, 06:33 PM   #1

Video on less expensive bodies?

Hello,

I'm very happy with my K100D, my very first SLR. I'm still learning photography and feel that there's much more to know and grow. 6Mpixel is plenty for me.

But I have to say I'm very entranced by the video mode on the K7. Is there any informed speculation about whether Pentax plans to bring a video mode to their less expensive body line? Perhaps the successor the K-m?

I ask because, while I have a great time with my Sanyo HD camcorder, the light sensitivity and lens on it are nothing compared to my SLR.

Thanks!

08-30-2009, 09:38 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Welcome. If your happy with your camcorder, don't worry about not having it on your DSLR.
08-31-2009, 06:45 PM   #3

Original Poster
Well, my HD camcorder doesn't have: shake reduction, interchangeable lenses, or a large sensor. What it does have is compactness. Which is nice, but I'm interested in an SLR body that gives me those other advantages, too!
08-31-2009, 10:08 PM   #4
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by chicagonyc Quote
Well, my HD camcorder doesn't have: shake reduction, interchangeable lenses, or a large sensor. What it does have is compactness. Which is nice, but I'm interested in an SLR body that gives me those other advantages, too!
It also has Autofocus which DSLRs don't yet have.

09-10-2009, 02:22 PM   #5
Veteran Member

i'll bet that in the future, as the demand for video on dslr's grows, we will see it implimented on more and more bodies.

so yes, in the future, there will probably be more, less expensive bodies with video.
09-10-2009, 03:20 PM   #6
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by chicagonyc Quote
Also the top of the line Sony and Canon consumer HD camcorders don't have wide angle lenses. If you want wide angle 24mm zoom lens in a HD video camera you have to get a point and shoot camera like the Casio EX-H10.
Amazon.com: Casio EX-H10 12Mp Digital Camera with 10X Optical Zoom and 3.0 Inch LCD: Camera & Photo
09-17-2009, 09:12 AM   #7

Original Poster
Wow! I just read about the new K-x. It's almost as if Pentax was reading my mind!

But, for some reason, HD video on the new cameria is encoded in MJPEG. The 720p video filesizes are going to be mindboggling.