Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-27-2009, 09:38 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by o!d Quote
Anyone got an email adress they suggest sending mail to? Seems good to concentrate on one adress.

Or online petition? Lots of free hosting sites about.

O
I have never heard of an online petition work

09-28-2009, 03:47 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Forget online petitions.

A pre drafted letter direct to people in the Pentax chain.

Requesting full manual mode and the benefits to Pentax for doing so.
09-28-2009, 08:23 AM   #18
Veteran Member

+1 for full manual Video!

Pentax! Hear us, please!
09-30-2009, 06:32 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Given the fact that previous Pentax cameras had trouble to correctly meter with stopped down manual lenses, I found it amazing how close all 4 measurements fit together. Not a trivial achievement.
I did test it heavily but my K-7 meters WAY better with K/M lenses than my K10D.

10-17-2009, 11:18 PM   #20

GO FOR IT!!!

Canon, Nikon, Panasonic ALL LISTENED TO PETITIONS for their hybrids.
10-20-2009, 02:09 AM   #21

emails to contact

If someone knows the emails of the important people to contact please post it here.
We all have to email that persons and tell the advantages os manual mode.
10-20-2009, 06:19 AM   #22
Banned

QuoteQuote:
London, 20 October 2009 – Canon today announces that it is currently developing a firmware update to the EOS 5D Mark II to enable the recording of high definition 1080p video at 24 and 25fps. The decision to develop new firmware to support these features has been taken following feedback received from cinematographers and photographers.
Canon firmware to beef up 5D Mark II video: Digital Photography Review

10-20-2009, 09:27 AM   #23
Igilligan

I need some help understanding...

How does one use M lenses with fixed apertures in video mode? Can I change aperture manually during the video process?

Is the AF still crippled in video mode? That was one of the reasons I thought the old fast MF lenses might make for some great DOF video shoots.

Thanks for the help
10-20-2009, 09:45 AM   #24
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
How does one use M lenses with fixed apertures in video mode? Can I change aperture manually during the video process?

Is the AF still crippled in video mode? That was one of the reasons I thought the old fast MF lenses might make for some great DOF video shoots.

Thanks for the help
Gus, I have a 20mm F4 Pentax M lens that works great with the 1.7x Pentax AF adapter for stills with AF but I have not tried it in video. From what I have tried so far AF is not reliable during video but you could AF on your subject before video recording starts. I may try my 20mm M lens with video and see how it works.

Joe
10-20-2009, 09:13 PM   #25

Dumb question...

is it even possible to make a k-7 do 1080p via firmware?
10-20-2009, 09:50 PM   #26
Forum Member

1080p via firmware? LOL, interesting question. The 1024 mode is so close already, I guess there might be a way to upres it to 1620x1080 in-camera (I've done it several times via software though a good HDTV can do just a good a job at upscaling). Of course you'll see no more detail than what was recorded at 1536x1024, which it is already giving the 1080 modes from certain other camera makers (I won't mention Canon by name) a good run for their money. If anything I'd like to see them have a 4-star quality setting for the 1024 mode, I think it's still a little short of its full potential. Now I don't see why you couldn't have a 1536x864 option, keeping the max horizontal resolution but with a 16:9 ratio. Mmmm, thinking about that I dunno, the downscaling on the 720 mode is already so good I'm not sure such a mode would lead to any more detail.

+1 by the way for more manual controls (and AF while recording as was promised!). I'd probably rarely use them, but the specs look good on paper and help keep up with the competition, especially if a K-8 isn't coming out any time soon. A combination of shutter and aperture control like the new Nikons have would do fine. It would also be really really nice to have the option to display the simulated shutter speed and iso while recording.

One small little easy feature I'd like to see them include is the option to have liveview turn off after shooting; in a hot climate like ours the camera can heat up really fast, and anything to help keep the sensor temp down would help (a lot of times I forget and just let it stay on even when I'm not using it)
10-21-2009, 10:12 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Small part of a talk with a pentax rep on the K-x:

QuoteQuote:
Me: On the K-x can you set the aperture while the movie is filming?
Me: or only at the beginning?
Michael C: yes, you can move thens while movie recording
Is it not like this on the K-7?
10-21-2009, 11:53 AM   #28
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Eruditass Quote
Small part of a talk with a pentax rep on the K-x:

Is it not like this on the K-7?
You can set it to any F stop on the lens like F1.4 before recording or let the K-7 set it while filming in Auto.
10-22-2009, 11:34 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
You can set it to any F stop on the lens like F1.4 before recording or let the K-7 set it while filming in Auto.
I asked specifically while recording. So my understanding, unles the rep misled me, is that the K-x can, and the K-7 can't.
10-22-2009, 01:35 PM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Eruditass Quote
I asked specifically while recording. So my understanding, unles the rep misled me, is that the K-x can, and the K-7 can't.
False.

Both, K-7 and K-x, are the same. In aperture ring A-setting, aperture can be set before recording but cannot changed anymore within. In aperture ring manual setting, aperture can be changed throughout the recording (by turning the aperture ring).

I know because I tested it.
Closed Thread