Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-12-2009, 02:48 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentax K20D Short Film

[yt]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ce-1s0BMwII[/yt]

a short video produced with a pentax k20d using the burst mode feature

Last edited by Studio20; 10-12-2009 at 03:03 AM.
10-12-2009, 04:02 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
This is the first time that I see someone doing this, though I had understood it could be possible.

What exactly was your workflow?
10-12-2009, 04:03 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
hmm, interesting to see how the sky flickers with the frames - caused by the difference in metering?
10-12-2009, 09:47 AM   #4
Forum Member

Looks pretty good. I was under the impression the k20d had its exposure settings locked down when running in the high-speed burst mode, but it did look like the exposure and white balance was shifting a couple of times. That happens to me when I use the 5 fps burst mode or intervalometer on the K-7, I wish the intervalometer at least would lock everything down right before starting, or at least offer it as an option.

To put them into a movie is fairly easy but takes time to run, Falk described how he did it in Photoshop (you use the script feature to load the files into a stack. For me they load in reverse order but that's easy to switch). I've done this especially for clouds moving and moonlight, though I've had to throw out the occasional frame because it metered separately than the rest. I think you can also import them into iMovie, though IIRC the time I tried it it didn't put them into the correct order and I had to move them around in groups. The PC should have software that does this

10-12-2009, 03:03 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
not alot i could do about the flicker on it, but it was my 1st try at it, i pieced it all together in sony vegas pro and it took about 10 mins to make the movie