Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-12-2009, 09:27 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
A k20d short

I filmed this in two days for a video editing class I'm taking. We had to create a 1 minute clip and enter it in a Youtube contest. Having only my k20d, I went for it using the burst mode. It's nothing too special, but I thought I'd share.

I will definitely NOT be shooting video on my k20d any time soon! The buffering after a 5 second clip takes TWO MINUTES on the camera! Not to mention the time taken to drop them all into Photoshop to make an image sequence and then export that as a video and mess with them in FCP. Sigh!

YouTube - Albuquerque,NM- No Place Like Home for Lonely Planet's "My Journey" contest

10-12-2009, 10:08 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very entertaining and well constructed especially knowing what you had to work with. Well done.
10-12-2009, 10:33 AM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChainbreakR Quote
...The buffering after a 5 second clip takes TWO MINUTES on the camera!...
Turn off the Noise Reduction in your camera and it should be immediate. I was taking star movement shots with my K10D and after leaving the shutter open for five minutes it would take another 5 minutes to process and save the file. I finally figured out if I turned off NR (all my other adjustments are always off) the process was immediate and I could take multiple pictures with no waiting.

Nice video.
10-12-2009, 03:01 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Nicely done.....you should try out a movie editing program and drop the files in and adjust the framerates ect... its quicker then PS

10-12-2009, 03:56 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I filmed this in two days for a video editing class I'm taking.

I will definitely NOT be shooting video on my k20d any time soon! The buffering after a 5 second clip takes TWO MINUTES on the camera! Not to mention the time taken to drop them all into Photoshop to make an image sequence and then export that as a video and mess with them in FCP. Sigh!
This must be the BEST K20D movie ever! Congratulations.

Storing the 5.5s clip takes 30s on a Sandisk Extreme card. So, you could create 10 min worth of video within an hour

Combining the individual images can be done quickly within Quicktime Pro. FCP should be able to do so as well. So, no time penalty here.
10-13-2009, 09:24 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
Wow guys, thanks for the kind words!! It means alot!

I will DEFINITELY try turning off the noise reduction(though for some reason I think it's always off...hmm.).

Falconeye-I did this on a chinese 4gb card....that could be half the problem right there!
10-13-2009, 10:57 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Falconeye-I did this on a chinese 4gb card....that could be half the problem right there!
Wow!

definitely keep the card when upgrading to K-7. Will limit your clips to a couple of seconds only and doesn't ruin your creative fast cuts

I mean who wants to record for minutes if every story can be told in seconds ?

btw, the noise reduction comment above doesn't apply to your situation. Ignore it.

10-13-2009, 02:29 PM   #8
Veteran Member

This clip is quite a few notches above outstanding, considering you did it with a K20D. Congrats!